𝟎𝟗 | 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐲𝐨𝐧
ⁱᵈʸˡˡⁱᶜᵃˡˡʸ ᶜᵃˡᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖᵉᵃᶜᵉᶠᵘˡ

- 𝘔𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘬𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 -

_______

"Oh my god," Damia took deep breaths. "You scared me!" She put a hand on her heart as she turned back around on the bench.

"I'm sorry Dee," Daliah apologized and skipped to sit next to her sister.

"I thought you were asleep." Damia said starring at the stars.

"I was. But I woke up." Daliah shrugged.

"Did I wake you up Dali?" Damia looked back at her sister.

"No, no. I was turning on my side and I didn't see you anywhere. I thought you went to the bathroom. But when you didn't come back I knew where to find you." Dali explained.

"You knew where to find me?" Damia smiled at her sister. They were worlds apart in their style, how they talked and thought. But here they sat under the moonlight with their worlds collided. It's hard for both of them to accept the truth to come. The truth that is bitter than anything they've ever known. They're best friends. And distance might bring fondness, but never the feeling of warmth that their closeness brings. Damia's departure would be a heartbreak that time can never mend.

Dali nodded and smiled back. She couldn't stand the idea of her best friend going away from her. Unlike Damia, Daliah had lots of friends. But none of them even came closer to compete with her sister. Damia was just pure sunshine. She never let anything or anyone hurt her little sister. The bond that was created between them is unbreakable. The strength to their relationship is incomparable. Damia's marriage would never break this love, but it will surely break hearts.

Their conversation slowly came down to a comfortable silence. Drowning in their own thoughts, they both silently watched the moon. The moon seemed bigger that night. It was beautiful.

"So.." Daliah looked at her sister with a curious look. "So?", Damia looked down at Dalilah.

"How was your date, Dee?"

"Dali! It wasn't a date." Damia looked the other way. Daliah could visualize how red her sister's face got. She giggled and patted Damia's hand. "What was it then?" Daliah's voice got high indicating her teasing behavior. Damia bit her bottom lip in thought.

Really, what was it then?

After talking for a bit about Damia's 'not a date', they both eventually came back inside for warmth. The eeriness outside was incomparable but the warmth inside was a yearning of heart.