30.

I'm not ready for the hate y'all are about to give me in this chapter, I'm sorry in advance 🤍

Omniscient

Naala laid awake in their bed, facing the wall. She hadn't slept the entire night, she couldn't find it in herself to sleep.

Hassan's arms were wrapped around her tightly as he snored away. She held his hand and sighed, nothing was ever right for Naala, there always something that didn't work for her.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Hassan said in a groggy voice. He tightened his grip and rubbed on her stomach.

"I miss the boys," Naala said quietly. When she thought of Samar she realised she needed to pump her breast milk out or her breasts would be full and painful all day.

"You wanna speak to em?" Hassan said kissing her shoulder.

"Yeah, I need to pump first," Naala said lowly, moving his hands from around her. "Hassan let me up," Naala huffed when he pulled her back into the bed.

"What's up with you?" He asked looking into her eyes.

"I told you, I miss the boys," Naala replied back,

"Gimme a kiss then," Hassan said tilting her head up,

"Mwah," Naala pecked his lips and got up. He could still tell something was wrong with her but he knew she would tell him when she was ready.

Naala went into the bathroom and got cleaned up. She took her pumping stuff and went out onto the balcony for some fresh air.

She started to pump the milk, the only noise was the loud obnoxious sound the machine made while squeezing the milk out of her breasts.

"I used to hate the sound of that thing," Dave said from his balcony. He had been sitting out there smoking his blunt when Naala came out to join him.

She looked over and fought the urge to roll her eyes, "Why are you out here so early?"

"Couldn't sleep," Dave shrugged, "I was thinking about a few things," He said before taking a pull of his blunt.

"What about you? You're never up this early," Dave mumbled looking at her.

"I couldn't sleep," Naala agreed with him, she heard noise behind her and looked back to see Hassan had left the room.

They sat in a comfortable silence, apart from the pumping machine.

"I wa —" They spoke at the same time,

"You go first," Naala said turning her chair towards him.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry Love," He called her by her nickname, one she hadn't heard in a while. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you, I know that isn't gonna do anything but I fucked up ma,"

"You did," Naala nodded,

"I fucked up and I made your life harder than it was meant to be, I'm sorry for that too," Dave said seriously.

"You told me you were gonna love me and never hurt me," Naala replied, "That's what you said to me, after Darnell, you made me believe I was worth it,"

"You are worth it," Dave said quickly. "I'm mad that I didn't appreciate what I had,"

"Yeah," Naala breathed out, "I'm sorry too. I let my own issues cloud our relationship,"

Naala had to take some fault in the breakdown of their relationship. She was never truly healed from any of her past trauma and she continually took that out on him.