Chapter 13

Now that I take a good look at her, Ji-eun's eyes were welling up with tears .

'Ah, is that the reason why?'

After I heard the doctor's explanation, I could surmise why Jungkook took out his sword .

Was it simply to cut off the seaweed?

It was a pretty peaceful and rational reason .

"You're pulse is fine . Anyway, it's really fortunate . If it wasn't for His Grace, something worse could've happened . " The doctor remarked .

"That's right" Bessie added .

"I was so shocked . My goodness, even though a person fell into the pond, you shouldn't have jumped in yourself like that . It's dangerous . "

Bessie's words made Ji-eun flinch .

Looking at Bessie's face, I knew she deliberately said that for Ji-eun to hear .

Ji-eun glanced around, taking a hint before she apologized in a small soft voice .

"Sorry, because of me......"

"No, it's fine . "

It was my choice to leap in .

Even though it was a poor decision, what's done is done .

Bessie seemed like she wanted to reprimand Ji-eun more, but instead, humphed while holding it in .

"Everyone was worried . Especially His Grace . " The doctor smiled bitterly .

"......Jungkook was?"

"You probably didn't know this, Milady . He stayed by your side all night without getting a single wink . He went to his bedroom just some time ago, saying that you would wake up soon . "

Bessie's words surprised me .

What?

"All night?"

"Yes . We told His Grace to leave everything to us and take a rest, but as if he'd listen to us . "

Bessie grumbled under her breath as she complained, but contrary to her voice, she kept a well-mannered professional smile on her face .

I felt like all I heard was just a big fat lie .

However, there was no reason for Bessie to lie about something like this .

I eventually raised my hand to my eyes and I was frozen on the spot .

'Then that......'

Wasn't a dream .

Jungkook's deep and quiet eyes shined in the dark .

His large and slightly rough hands covering my eyes as he told me to sleep more...

His low and deep voice that was reigning his anger .

All of them were real .

'And he stayed with me all night?'

I was speechless for a moment .

Did he go that far?

I knew I worried him, but I didn't know it was this much .

Without knowing what words to say, I kept my mouth shut .

"He's really caring . Even though Milady is his only family, who else would go this far for a family member?" Bessie continued .

"And why are you the one who's so proud of it?"

"Why, can't I?"

Bessie gave the doctor a single glance and the doctor sighed from her reply .