This Adventure

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY CALLED "Racing Heart"
I won't update it until this book is done but I want you guys to read the blurb and the prologue and tell me if you like it!:)
And also check out the video above! Her name is Miranda Sings and she's hilarious!

"That's it," I say, "I'm taking control of the radio."

"But it's my car," Lucas argues.

"But you have terrible taste in music," I snap back.

I plug in my phone and just to make Lucas regret 'kidnapping' me I play a play list of the most girly horrible songs known to man. But also songs that every girl secretly loves. Hence why they're on my phone.

"Seriously?" Lucas asks irritated as he tries to keep his focus on the road.

"What?" I giggle. "This will be a classic one day."

He scoffs. "Yeah for the future slutty generation."

"Exactly," I say.

I grin widely as we start to slow down at a red light and bask in Lucas's annoyance. That is until he starts to sing along.

"I got one question," he says. Shocked I look over at him with my jaw on the ground. "How'd you fit all that, in them jeans?" He even laughs along to the song!

"You know what to do with that big fat butt. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."

Lucas than proceeds to shake his butt in his seat while rolling both of our windows down so the people in the cars to our sides can both hear us.

"Oh god no," I groan.

"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle." Lucas sings. "Patty cake patty cake with no hands. Got me in this-"

I change the song before he can continue to embarrass both of us.

"Hey why did you change it?" He asks out raged then says, "Oh my god, pull out the peanut butter because this is my jam!"

I don't even try to contain the laughs that escape my throat as he serenades the old lady next to us with Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.

This continues for another forty five minutes as we drive closer to the coast.

"Where are we going?" The barren road that went on for twenty miles has now opened up to an ocean side beach town.

"My grandparent's house," Lucas tells me calmly.

"Um why are you taking me to your grandparents?" I ask feeling frightened. What is he trying to do, introduce to me as many family members as possible?

"Don't worry," he smiles warmly and takes a hold of my hand across the center console. The feeling is too warming to be able to let go. "They left for their house in Florida two weeks ago. Their fraying old bodies couldn't handle the cold."

"It's not even that cold out," I point out.

"Exactly." He smiles.

...

Ten minutes later we're walking into a cliché looking beach house. Pale blue paint surrounding the outside, white shutters, a wraparound porch, and the inside is no better. Everywhere you look there are mermaid figurines or pictures of sailing boats. It looks like this house came out of a home care magazine.

"Wow," I say, taking in all the... décor.

"I know," Lucas says with a pride smile, "Mimi spent a lot of time getting all of this perfect."

"You call your grandma Mimi?" I ask, ready to die of feels.

A slight blush spreads across his cheeks. "It's stuck from when I was little."

"It's adorable." He nods his head shyly then walks past me to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" The kitchen is no more cliché than the rest of the house. But still, I like it more because it has a bench attached below the window that overlooks the ocean, something I've always wanted before.

I slide into the bench and giddily look out the window to the rolling waves.

"Starving," I groan, right before my stomach rumbles to life. I haven't eaten for an hour and even at lunch I hardly ate anything.

Lucas grants me with an amused smirk which causes me to be the one blushing.

He leans against the table so our faces are less than a foot apart. "I like it when you blush," he says softly. "And I also like it when your eye lighten up like they did when you looked out the window."

"Oh," I whisper, "thanks I guess."

He smiles widely and thankfully pulls away. "So what do you like better? Ham and cheese? Or peanut butter and jelly?"

How am I supposed to stay mad at him when he acts like this? He drives an hour away to his grandparents' house, makes me food, and gives me heart melting compliments. I don't think I'm going to survive this adventure with my heart intact.

"Wait," I remember, "didn't you say that your grandparents left two weeks ago? Why would there still be food here?"

Lucas's body freezes before the open cabinets.

He turns around with a guilty smile. "How much do you like Cup Of Noodles and Twinkies?"

I smile amusingly. "My favorite combination."

...

"Why did you do all this?" I ask after I swallow a mouthful of noodles.

The waves crash against the pier beneath us. I can feel the spray of it hitting my ankles and I love it. I've never gotten the chance to go to the ocean very often even though I lived an hour away. My father was always too busy working and Sarah was too busy chasing her dreams. Although I'm glad I wasn't introduced to it very often because than moments like these wouldn't be as special.

"Do what?" Lucas asks through a mouthful of Twinkie.

I giggle, something I've been doing a lot within the past hour and a half.

"Why did you bring me here? It seems like you went through a lot of trouble to do this for me."

He swallows the heaven sent pastry and shrugs. He says something but I can't keep my attention off the piece of frosting that's lost on his lower lip. I want nothing more than to lick it off.

Damn, what is wrong with me?

"So than I took out my rifle and shot her."

"What?" I come back to focus and look shocked at Lucas.

"Is there something on my face? You've been staring at my lips for a very long time, or you just want to kiss me," he says with a cocky smirk.

"You have frosting on your lip."

"Oo, blow to my ego right there," he says feigning hurt.

I roll my eyes and ask him the same question from before.

"I was telling you but you got distracted," he points out.

"I'm sorry," I roll my eyes, "There is nothing else on your face so please continue."

He smiles softly at me, changing the mood in the air, and quietly says, "I like you Sadie. I mean I really, really like you. And what I did to you was the biggest mistake I've ever made. I wish I could have gotten to know you on different circumstances."

"Me too," I say sadly.

"We still can," he says hopeful.

I raise an eye brow. "What do you mean?"

"Give me another chance?"

...

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY CALLED RACING HEART!
I won't update it until I'm done with this book but I want you guys to read the blurb and the prologue and tell me if you like it!:)