Chapter 14

I put my pen down and ran my hand through my face .

'No, let's be optimistic . '

I slapped my cheeks .

In the first place, the only person I can rely on was Ji-eun .

Without her, I'll just meet my inevitable demise or die while escaping .

I had no other choice .

'But it's not like it's completely hopeless . '

Jungkook easily saved Ji-eun from the pond, after all .

Not only that, he came out to the garden just like how it was dictated in the novel .

Even though he didn't fall in love with Ji-eun at first sight, there was still a chance .

'Yes . Everything will be fine . '

I took the paper and hid it inside the drawer and stood up .

Things weren't looking so bright, but still, writing them down had an effect .

Anyway, I finally got my thoughts in order and cleared my mind .

I've strengthened my resolve .

'At the end of the day, there's only one thing I can do right now . '

I recalled that I had told someone that I would meet with them in the dining room today .

I was planning to leave the room and summon Bessie, but before I could do it, I heard a knock on the door .

"Milady, have you finished washing up? If so, you should have your meal now . "

"Bessie . "

What great timing .

I was just about to call her for the exact same reason .

I immediately opened the door .

"Yes, I was going to do just that . "

"Would you like me to deliver your food to your room so you can eat comfortably?"

"No," I shook my head .

"Prepare the dining room . I heard that Lady Grace hasn't had her meal yet . I'll join her, just the two of us . "

"Oh my . "

Bessie affirmed to execute my orders and then she examined me .

She seemed to be pondering about how Lady Grace and I became close and she speculated that it must've been when I jumped into the water to save her .

I pretended not to see the curiosity written all over her face .

***

I needed to have a little chat with Ji-eun, and eating with her was the perfect time to do it .

'What I can do right now and what I need to do...'

I repeated this thought over and over again while I walked down the stairs .

'Is to keep Ji-eun alive at all costs.'

I need her .

That's the only reason why Ji-eun had to stay alive .

Whether the current Ji-eun wasn't the real Ji-eun or even if the future becomes obscure and uncertain, there's still hope as long as she was alive .

She was my only hope that's why has to live .

'For this plan to be a success, Ji-eun must understand the situation she's in right now . '

Ji-eun went to the pond, not heeding my words when I told her to stop .