Chapter Thirty-One: Blood Thirsty Monsters Can Read

So I got a death threat from a reader bc of my little cliffy...

I didn't like sitting in this car again. I just wanted to break the window and jump out. Id never be able to, though. I'm not strong like I used to be.

Trees whipped past the car as Greyson sped down the road. The car was completely silent, but I was extremely uncomfortable. I seem to think that a lot today.

In the mirror I could see Ashton and Karissa in the back seat. Karissa gripped Ashton's hand so tightly it looked almost painful.

I don't blame Karissa for the way she acted. She's angry, sad, and she was alone. Sure, she had Ashton, but the more he stays around Karissa, the more controlling he seems to get. If she were to cry or do anything that made Ashton fear for her well-being, he would just make her stop. He had the power. He's part of the council, well an unofficial member.

I would probably act a lot worse if I were in Karissa's position. I have my mom, dad, Ashton, Andrew, Brennan, Xavier, Riley, Greyson. I have plenty of people. She just had us. Shane, Gab, Dylan, Austin, Shawn, and myself. Now, she only has Ashton and I, and I wasn't even around when all hell broke loose. I couldn't protect her or my family.

I wanted to laugh at the thought of all the bad and dumb things I had done when I first met Greyson, but the memories burned me. They just made me want to cry.

I hadn't realized how badly I was shaking until Greyson laid his hand on my thigh. He glanced over at me worriedly. I just shook my head and looked out the window.

Too soon the familiar driveway to my old home came into view. The small, abandoned house that Shane and Shawn found when they first became rogues sat in the middle of a lonely forest. Not a soul was around for miles.

Greyson parked the car. Just looking at the door made me want to throw up. Karissa and Ashton got out of the car before Greyson and I.

Greyson's hand moved off of my thigh up to my face as he wiped a tear from my cheek that I hadn't realized was there.

"You're stronger than this." He said softly. I nodded, but wasn't sure if I quite believed it. "I love you." His words brought me comfort. A small smile made its way to my lips.

"I love you, too." He leaned over and placed a kiss on my forehead before getting out of the car. I followed him as I exited the car and made my way around to the front of the house.

Staring at the old home gave me instant shivers. The door was cracked open a bit. I wasn't sure if I could walk through it though.

Greyson tried taking my hand in his. I was about to let him when I pulled away. He's right.

I am stronger than this.

I squeezed my eyes shut and gritted my teeth together. I let out a heavy breath as I reopened my eyes. Without another thought, I stormed into the home.

I slammed the door open and looked to the left. The living room.

No one.

It looked absolutely normal. I heard footsteps from behind me and Greyson telling me to stop, but I refused.

I squeezed my eyes shut again as I let my anger fuel me. Anger was the one thing that kept me going for the past few years. If I can do it while I'm rogue, I can do it now.

I reopened my eyes and walked down a hall. I turned to my right to face a room.

Dylan and Austin's room.

I ignored the knob as I took in a big breath and allowed my work boot to knock the door down with a hard kick.

Peering into the room, I had to bite my lip to stop a sob. I shook every sad emotion out of my head as I walked in and looked at the two bodies.