Chapter 22

The house was quiet. Rae went out with Janet, Poki was taking a nap and I was staring at my ceiling. The air was warm, it was noon. There's no cloud, the sunlight was so bright I had to close the curtain. As I stood up to close it, I accidentally hit my desk with my toe.

Y/n: GAH! SON OF A... Damnit...

I hold my toe for a bit and close my curtain. I slowly took a deep breath, I jumped as I turned around to see my angel with her messy hair leaning towards the doorway.

Poki: Babe... Are you okay...?

Y/n: Y-yeah, I hit my toe...

Poki: Aww, *yawns* come here...

She wobbles towards me with her hand open. She gently hugs me as I kiss her forehead and returning the hug.

Poki: What time is it...?

Y/n: It's... 15:30...

Poki: Well... I got nothing to do...

Y/n: Wanna cuddle?

Poki: Yeah...

I lay down on the bed, fixing my pillow position. She jumps towards the bed and fell face first. She mumbles as she buries her face on my chest, she shakes her head a little, tickling my chest a bit. Not even five minutes after cuddling with her, she fell asleep. She gently snores, weirdly making me comfortable. I took a deep breath and close my eyes.

...

???: Y/N!!

Y/n:...

???: Y/N, BABE!!!

Y/n: W-what...?

I woke up in the middle of a crowded place, people walking around, doing their things. I saw Poki from the distance, waving her hand at me.

Y/n: Babe!

Poki: BABE!!! HELP!!!

Y/n: Babe? BABE!!!!

I saw a person with his gun pointed at Poki, I tried to jump towards him and stop him but it was too late. Poki lying lifelessly on the ground, nobody seems to care or pay attention. The murderer walks away, leaving me with my fallen angel. I ran towards her and hold her in my arm, my arm was covered by her crimson liquid. I felt tears falling from my eyes. Her eyes were opened and crying for help.

...

...

Y/n?

...

Y/n?!

...

...

BABE!!

Y/n: W-what??

Poki: Babe! You're having a nightmare again didn't you?

Y/n: Y-yes...

Poki sighs as she put her soft hands on my cheeks, she looked me dead in the eye before pulling me for a kiss. I was quite surprised by this, but it did wake me up.

Poki: Why do you keep having this nightmares?? Are you okay??

Y/n: ... I don't know...

Poki: *sigh* This is not healthy, mentally! Babe, we need to figure this out! This is not good for the kids!

Y/n: Y-yeah you're... Wait, the kids?

Poki blushes as she looked away from me.

Poki: I mean... If w-we're going to have kids in the future...