Chapter 4

I get seated across from Jessi and next to Tom, I don't understand why Jessi didn't just take my seat, I mean come on? Are you even trying at this point? As I'm rambling in my thoughts it gets interrupted by the one and only Logan Russo.

"Damn, I'm lucky I came tonight." He looks at me dead in the eyes and smiles with his pearly whites "Mia beautiful as ever" he states in his low raspy voice, would almost swear his flirting But couldn't be, Tom would murder him.

"Yeah, Lucky you, thank the big guy upstairs for your blessings tonight," Jessi says in her sarcastic tone. She knows about my high school crush, she also thinks that he's been trying to get in my pants and that Logan is a major fuck boy.

"I am a catholic man, so count it done." He says with a smirk as if he knows she's trying to throw him off his game.

"Well this is awkward" Tom states

"Well, maybe you should put a leash on your puppy, Tom before he tries humping your sister." Jessi spits with annoyance.

"He wouldn't, she's like a little sister to him too," Tom states, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Sweet Home Alabama" Jessi states as if it's not impossible that Logan wants to, as she says hump me.

" if I may? Tom, I don't see Mia as a little sister, never have. I am attracted to her yes, always have been but I respect you weirdly overprotective brother act you have going, so I haven't stepped over the line." Logan says in a confident reassuring voice.

"I hope the line stays there then," Tom replies to Logan with a look that could kill. If looks could actually kill.

" I love that everyone is mentioning me like I'm not here, also like I'm incapable of making my own decisions," I say with clear annoyance in my tone.

Tom knows very well I hate it when he plays the overprotective brother or like I'm incapable of deciding things for myself, yet he still does it.
After that minor hiccup, the night goes on without a hitch.
By now we've eaten, drank loads, and just having small talk with everyone at the table.
"What do you guys have anything planned after this shindig ?" Logan asks the group.

"Jessi here seems to think I'm an ever-ready battery and wants to hit the club called Chaos, apparently it's the new hot spot."

"Isn't that a great coincidence? My buddy runs the club and I can get you guys VIP if you don't mind tagging along with me that is ?"

Jessi looks at him, eyes narrowed as if she's looking right inside his mind. Then suddenly her facial expressions lighten and turn softer.
"Well Logan, that seems like a great idea"

"It does" I look at her confused, as to what just switched.

"Yeah, VIP is super lavish and very hard to get, we wouldn't have been able to party that high up tonight so why not have a real celebration to having my bestie back." She says with excitement.

"Ok, I'm game." Just to shut them up and get this over with.

"We will do our rounds of goodbyes and meet you guys outside in let's say 20minutes?" Jessi says as if she's a spy on a mission.
And that's exactly what we did, I did my rounds, said bye to my mom, told her I was heading out with Tom and I'd see them in the morning for brunch. She smothered me in a thousand kisses and then I met the lot outside.

"Took you long enough," Jessi says as if I had them waiting for hours.

"You guys know how Olivia gets, she had to drown me in affection before she let me out of her sight again," I say rolling my eyes at them.
Getting into the car, passing the city by, taking everything in that I've missed, just happy being around the people I hold near and dear but little did I know, my life was about to change after tonight in ways not even I could've predicted.