Chapter 19

"If this is not mere speculation but the truth, then your situation becomes much better."

Needless to say, if this regularity becomes the truth, then saving Irene will be twice as easy rather than staying in such a jagged situation.

I don't need to be nervous all day but just have to be ready at a certain duration of the day and the chances and efficiency of avoiding the crisis, of course, increased, also Irene's behavioural constraints will be loosened.

It was favourable for both Irene and me.

"Don't stay away from me today, just in case. Let's check in the evening and make a clear decision."

"Yes, Eonni."

Then there was a glimpse of Sir Davery's anxious voice.

Looking back, Jinny, the maid who had dropped a vase, was kneeling on the floor.

After exchanging glances with Irene, I approached and comforted Jinny.

There were also many scapegoat-victims of this world attempting to kill Irene.

***

A four-day series of birthday parties will be held at the same time as an aristocratic coming-of-age ceremony.

Today was the second day of the banquet.

I almost forgot the fact and spent time with Irene, as I was suddenly carried off by Bessie, who appeared at one point, and suddenly I was faced with a dressing-up time.

It was only at the banquet hall that Irene and I were reunited after a brief break-up.

"You're looking really gorgeous, Eonni."

Bessie dressed me today in a red dress that clung to the upper body and spread generously downwards.

The hair was naturally loose and no ornament was used.

As an accessory, I only had one simple and easy-to-use earring, but even that looked fancy enough, perhaps because of the color of the dress.

I stared at Irene, whose eyes glowed as she stared at me.

Irene was wearing a decent white dress today, similar to what she wore yesterday.

Although I lent my dress because she stayed here without a plan, it really suited her like her own dress.

The hair was braided and a pearl necklace was worn on the exposed neck.

Looking at her, I said, "You're pretty, too."

"Really?"

"Yes. Right, Sir Davery?"

Sir Davery, whose name was called, turned this way.

As he attended a banquet as my escort, so rather than a tailcoat, he was wearing his comfortable clothes and partial armour.

He cocked his head.

"Yes, good."

"I felt no sincerity in your answer."

"Both of you are dazzling, so this Davery Shack is having a hard time even to take a peek, as it dazzles me."

"Okay then."

Irene giggled a little at Sir Davery's reply.

I could feel the attention of people around us focused on Irene.

Of course, it was not easy for me, as I felt harsh gazes on my skin because of their stares.

Yesterday, the centre of attention would have been Jungkook, but today it was on Irene and me.