Chapter 22

I asked the butler who came in with him.

"......what is it?"

"This is a door-to-door dealer who handles rare animals and miscellaneous goods. He came to the mansion and was introducing his stuff, and suddenly he said that his pet snake had disappeared."

"Ah."

I gave an eye to the middle-aged man.

He was sobbing sadly.

His tears dripped like tea.

Oh, my. . . .

By principle, it was the owner who should be responsible for failing to manage the snake, so he had to pay the compensation for Irene's danger, but I and Irene knew that he was also a doomed victim of the world, so I gave him compensation and sent him back!

"How generous you are!"

The butler seemed to have a complaint, but I just pretended as an adult with a gracious smile.

Since then, time has been easy and easy to absorb.

The crisis that comes regularly for Irene was handled by Sir Davery's skill wonderfully.

Maybe it's just my feeling, but I think I'm getting used to this situation.

The long-awaited reply from the temple arrived two days later.

Though it's later than I hoped to be here in a day, still, this was not a bad speed.

On the contrary, it was just the right timing.

The four-day banquet ended yesterday, and we had a lot of time today.

As soon as I received a letter of permission to visit the temple, I hurried out of the mansion.

Irene, who was sitting next to me in the carriage, whispered to me with a flushed face.

"I'm nervous, Eonni."

"Me too."

I explained all my destinations and goals to Irene before departure.

Irene was still living in the mansion with me.

At the end of the banquet, The Grace couple returned to their home earlier, but Irene decided to stay at the dukedom as my guest because she needed Sir Davery's help for her safety anyway.

"We will succeed, right? Oh no, I'm nervous."

Irene seemed to feel that perhaps it was an interesting challenge to go steal the treasure of the gods.

She said she was nervous, but she seemed more excited.

It's cute.

If I think of her as a freshman in high school, everything she did just looked cute.

Sir Davery, who was also in the carriage as an escort, watching us and then opened his mouth.

"So, my lady, have you heard?"

"What?"

"Count Choi's successor, no, he's no longer Count Choi's successor."

As he corrected himself, he continued.

"It's said that Yeonjun was expelled from the family."

"If it's Yeonjun....."

"Yes, that filthy scum."

I knew as soon as I heard it.

There's only one human being in recent years that deserves to be described like that.