77: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream's throat felt dried from that statement and Night noticed that she is troubled by it.

He made it clear this time.

"You see, they are just humans too. No human is perfect. Cloverians have an impeccable unison and they all strictly think alike. They must help the ones in needs, keep peace on their land, smile even it is hard and protect their seal bearer at all cost because they are the foundation of their land."

Dream tilted her head. She doesn't see anything wrong about it. Night continue on...

"If you flip the coin to see the other side of the truth it will be, for the fate of the many, let's sacrifice this one person."

Dream then flinched.

"What do you mean sacrifice? The seal bearer of Clover? Are they a cult or something?"

"Cult? That sounded the most accurate ha ha ha." Night laugh with it's dark feathered wings. "Sacrifice might had been a strong word but their obsession was on that level. Obsession on maintaining that peace even if one person have to carry all that burden by herself."

"Is that what Clover's fate? The very first clover seal bearer."

"Of course they royally treated her like she was like a precious gem but thanks to that she was extremely lonely.  Believe it or not, the reason she erected the barrier back then, was because she was the only human in Clover Country that have shadows lurking inside her. She had to do it, so that the spreading darkness won't reach and corrupt her further. Then the rest were history when Diamond found Clover."

The owl shrugged its dark feathered shoulders like the last statement was not of importance.

"The Cloverians never meant any harm but they are extremely selfish when you look at it deeper. Clover admitted that she was at fault too for letting the people of Clover rely on the seal."

Dream fell on a deep thought. Something does not add up.

"If they treasure the Clover Seal to the point of obsession, then why my mom is in Spade? Also, won't Cloverians go crazy when they found out about her passing? They were.... Extremely calm about it."

As matter of fact, the first Cloverian she met was her grandfather and only for a short time. Her father never let them near her nor left her with her grandfather to bond with. Dream found it odd and thought that her father was just extremely protective. But her grandfather did not even went and tried to meet her and not even after that.

"I found that odd too. Actually as soon as I infiltrated the Spade Castle I form some guesses. So here is one of my hypothesis. Your father used the Spade seal and trade that poor soul with your mom."

Dream nod her head.

It is plausible as her father never denied that he had the seal or did not have seal. The nobles never found the seal again after the former one died. The King of Spade was so confident that no one will found it that everyone really believe that the king do have the seal. Leaving the seal in another Country's protection is actually the only way to cut cycle of the civil wars. Thanks to that, Spade had been in peace if we are not going to count the small rebellion of nobles and the barbarians.

"Or..." Night paused ,this hypothesis is quite far fetch but not entirely impossible. "Your parents have a child in Clover."

Dream was stunned. She does not know her parents that well. However by the look of his father's overly protective nature towards her, will the man leave his own child in another country. Moreover if the child is between him and his most loved person.