Chapter 1: A New Friend

Mors Hill was a weird place. It was a small town close to Chicago, Illinois. The town was formed in 1823 around a big forest. The town was named Mors Hill after many workers at the construction of the town started disappearing in unknown circumstances.

Over time, more and more people started speaking of being stalked by a faceless entity, the hunters told stories of a man the size of a tree, the children told how they had nightmares with what they described as "A monster with tentacles"

The town became more and more famous over time, people wanted to see if these stories were true. A statue of the creature was created in the local park, and business men didn't wait. Soon enough the town was full of merchandise of the creature that now they called "The Slenderman". But as time went on, the legend started dying, and people stopped being interested in the legends of The Slenderman. Until in 2018, Mors Hill would become the center of attention one more time, but not because of The Slenderman...

The Blake family lived a happy life in Mors Hill. Jessica, the mother, was a kind police officer in the small town. Her son, Jeffrey, was a young artist who didn't had friends on the town, most of his friends were people he met online or school guys who lived miles away from him, so he didn't spend much time outside, until one day everything changed.

The day started as any other day, Jeff was woken by his mother calling him from downstairs to eat lunch, he got to the kitchen just in time to see his mother grabbing a pizza box from the delivery. She has long black hair, and used a blue shirt with black jeans. Jeff was wearing his favourite hoodie, a white and black hoodie, a black shirt and black jeans.

"Pizza again?" Jeff said as he sat on the table.

"Yup, you know I don't have much time to cook something, son."

"Jeff... it's been days since you last went outside, I really think you should go out more often."

"Yeah, I know mom... it's just that this town is really boring. There are barely any other teenagers around here, y'know?"

"About that... a new family moved into town yesterday! I heard they have a boy your age, and I think it'd be nice of you to show him the town! What do you think?" Jessica said with enthusiasm.

"Sounds like a good idea." Jeff answered with a smile.

After lunch, Jeff went outside with his bike to the park, where his mother told him that the new guy was. It wasn't very hard to find him. Being a town with few inhabitants, it was easy to distinguish a new face. But Jeff noticed more than just one new face. As he arrived to the park, Jeff noticed a boy being threatened by three other guys in front of The Slenderman's statue. One of them, the smallest, had a knife pointed at the boy. The new boy had long brown hair, he was wearing a black and white scarf, a jacket with fur hood, black jeans and boots. The small boy holding the knife had long messy brown hair, it looked like he hadn't been cut it in a long time and hadn't been washed either. He was wearing a brown short-sleeved shirt, dirt-filled old jeans, and black shoes with no socks. The other one was a fat boy with a black hoodie, and blue jeans. The last one was a thin boy with a red and black cap, he used a long sleeved dark brown shirt with black jeans and brown shoes.

Jeff stood there for a moment, he grabbed his phone and took a picture of the boys before getting out of his bike, and started approaching them.

"I told you to give me your FUCKING WALLET!" The small boy said with the knife on the victim's neck.

"What the hell is going on here?" Jeff said as he walked towards them.

"Get out of here."

"Not until you take the knife away from him." Jeff said in a serious voice.

The small boy turned to Jeff, and put the knife on Jeff's face.

"Done, now get the fuck outta here."

The left half the boy's face was burned, it looked like someone had thrown boiling water to it, as well as his left arm, on which he held the knife.

Jeff stared at the knife for a second, before grabbing the boy's hand and taking it away from his face.

"Why don't YOU get the fuck outta here?" Jeff said with no fear on his voice.

The boy seemed speechless for a second, before his face turned to pure hate.

"Mother FUCKER!" The boy as he lunged his right fist to Jeff's face. Jeff dodged the hit quickly, the boy's arm accidentally went straight for the knife he held in his other hand, slashing his right arm.

The boy screamed as he dropped the knife to the ground and grabbed his arm with a painful expression on his face.

"Holy shit! Are you alright?!" Said Jeff worried before the small boy lunged a right hook on his face, throwing him to the ground. He started kicking Jeff on the ribs, but was stopped by the boy he was robbing a few moments before, who punched him on the back of his head, knocking him out for a second. The fat boy punched the robbery victim on the face, but Jeff kicked his ankle, making him fall to the ground with a heavy thud. The thin boy kicked Jeff on the face, before being punched on his own face by the robbery victim, who then kicked to the ground as well.

"Are you alright?" The robbery victim said to Jeff as he helped him to get up.

"Yeah, I'm good." Jeff said as touched his nose to see if there was any blood.

The small boy, who was still on the ground, grabbed his knife and jumped on top of Jeff, throwing him to the ground once again.

"SON OF A BITCH!!!" said the boy as he tried to stab Jeff with the knife. Jeff grabbed the boy's hands, stopping the knife which was only a few inches from his face.

A police car stopped in front of the park.

"POLICE! DROP THE KNIFE!!" Said Jessica holding her gun while walking towards the scene.

"THROW THE KNIFE NOW!!!" said the young cop besides Jessica, he was a young albino man with brown eyes, who also was pointing his gun to the small boy

"No... NO NO I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE!!!" Said the small boy as he got up and started running towards the forest as quickly as he could, while the other boys ran with him.

"HEY, STOP!!!" Said the albino cop as he ran after the boys to the forest.

"JEFF! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! I came here as soon as you sent me the picture!" Said Jessica worried as she ran towards Jeff and the robbery victim.

"Yeah mom, just a couple of bruises." Said Jeff as he got up trying to calm her down.

The young cop came back from the forest running, clearly exhausted.

"Sorry Jess, I lost them..." Said the cop to Jessica with a disappointed look on his face.

"It's okay Ethan, what matters is that Jeff and his friend are both okay." Said Jessica looking at Jeff and the robbery victim.

Jeff looked at the robbery victim tired. "Sorry for that, I've never seen those guys before... you're the new kid, right?"

"Uhm... yeah, I'm Liu. It's a pleasure to meet you... Jeff, right?" Said the boy, who seemed like he had trouble speaking.

"Yeah, I'm Jeff. Hey, after the police report, wanna hang out? I can show you the town if you want."

"Sounds, uh... sounds good!" Said Liu with a smile on his face.

At sunset, Jeff and Liu were walking down the street going to Liu's house, which was away from the other houses on the town.

"That was fun!" Said Liu.

"Yeah, it was! Wanna hang out tomorrow?" Jeff answered.

"Sure thing!" Said Liu while they were getting close to his house.

"Cool. See ya tomorrow!" Said Jeff as he turned and started walking.

"Bye!" Said Liu with a smile on his face, as he saw Jeff walking down the street, his face turned from a smile to a worried face, as entered his house.

Meanwhile, in the forest, a dark figure was watching them from the shadows.