♛ 30

The 23rd ward, also known as the labyrinth ward is the deepest and darkest ward amongst the 22 wards in Neo City. The 23rd ward is the ward that doesn't exist to the public eye, a district where the people who work in the underworld lurks freely.

But that's not what makes it dangerous.

It's dangerous because it is often used as the war zone between Phantom Viper and Neo Mortem Mafia.

Dasom looked down, covering her head with her black fedora. She's wearing a full on black outfit; long black trench coat over a black dress. She's also wearing a blonde wig with a short haircut to compliment the disguise even more.

She had just found out that the person who gave Heejin the teddy bear was a woman from the 23rd district. She still doesn't know how she managed to sneak into her house, but she's determined to find out about it today.

That's why she came here.

The road was dimly lit and the atmosphere around her feels heavy. The entire ward was surrounded by a murky fog. Some of the old buildings have been destroyed more than once before, possibly because of the 'war' between the two sides.

She turned her head towards the café, the place where that woman works. Observing the café from afar, she saw a few men dressed with fancy, long trench coat enter the place. She squinted her eyes, focusing on the surroundings.

However, she felt a weird presence near her. She just couldn't pin point where that presence may be, but one things for sure- it's near her.

Her eyes darken as she took out her knife, turning her body around to stab the man who had sneaked out behind her with her left hand. His eyes widen as the he began to feel the pain. His body then fell to the ground, eyes fluttering closed in seconds.

Dasom left the man there as she entered the café, keeping her head down. A soft jazz music was playing in the background, setting the atmosphere into a brighter place than it looked like.

She had reckoned that most of the people here are probably from the Neo Mortem Mafia, after all this place is where the people from the underworld go out, especially at night.

"Are you gonna order, madame?" A voice said, startling her.

Dasom turned to look at the waiter, her eyes widening as she found her— the reason she's here.

Dasom's lips curved into a light smile, shaking her head. "I'm waiting for a friend,"

The woman was about to leave but Dasom suddenly stopped her. "Uh sorry, can you show me where the toilet is?"

The woman nodded, "of course madame."

Dasom followed the woman, walking through the dark halls that lead to the toilet. The woman pointed at the door in front of them, telling her that's the toilet.

"Thanks."

The woman turned around, she was about to walk away when suddenly, Dasom grabbed her by her neck from behind, throwing her body to the ground.

The woman widened her eyes, but she managed to fight back by throwing her fist on Dasom's face.

"Who are you?"

Dasom stood up, taking out her knife. "I'm not Lucifer, nor I am the demons in your dreams. But I will be your greatest fear."

With that, she threw her knife right on her chest, the shiny and sharp weapon pierced through her skin, leaving just a few inches apart from her heart.

The woman fell to the ground, she's at loss of words. The pain she was feeling was almost unbearable and she knew that she was about to let out her last breath anytime soon.

"Are you still going to keep that little mouth of yours shut?"

Dasom kicked her chest, earning a loud scream from the woman who was in pain.She wiped her forehead with her hands full of blood, looking down with dark eyes. "Who's your boss?"

The woman opened her mouth to speak, but the words remained unsaid forever as bullet suddenly pierced through her head. Dasom widened her eyes, instantly putting her guards back up.

She looked back, staring at the man who killed the woman who's lying wretchedly on the ground. 

"Ah, sorry. She was about to tell you the tea, wasn't she?"

He lifted his gun up, playing with it in his fingers. The jazz music stopped playing, and the hall behind him was empty and dark. There was no way out, the only way out was to get through this man.

And it won't be easy. 

Dasom  poked her inner cheeks in annoyance, sending daggers through her eyes at the cocky guy in front of her.

"What do you want, Mark Lee?"

Mark shrugged, putting her gun down before kneeling down, observing the dead body. "You did a great job sparing her life, so I did you a favor, simple."

Dasom was about to protest when suddenly Mark stood up, putting his index finger on her lips. Her muscles suddenly tensed up, looking up at him with a puzzled look.

Mark's senses has always been as sharp as a blade, even sharper sometimes. Mark looked down at the girl in front of him, "do you still wanna live?"

"Well no," she shrugged, earning a frown from the older boy. "But I don't wanna die here, not with the woman who almost killed my sister."

"Brilliant," Mark pulled her fedora down, covering her face. "You don't wanna see this, blondie."

He covered her face, but she could still sense what was going on, and it's nothing good. She could hear a gun being pulled a few times, leaving her to her own fantasies to guess what was happening.

A few moments later, a hand pulled her fedora hat up, her eyes meeting the same pair of that dark chocolate eyes. She looked around, seeing the total of six men lying lifeless on the ground along the dark hallway.

She couldn't really understand what was going on, but one thing's for sure is that he killed them all. "You're really something."

Mark chuckled, his eyes weren't as dark as before. "Whatever, let's go back now and no questions until we get back,"

Dasom rolled her eyes, following him.

"Oh by the way," he turned around. "Blonde suits you."

Dasom looked away from him, she wasn't expecting him to say that. He was the last person she could ever expect would compliment her. 

Mark Lee, he's full of surprises.

HII EVERYONE ITS BEEN SO LONGG AHH IM SO SORRY BUT I WILL BE UPDATING FROM NOW ON !!

thank you so much for those of you who have been waiting and supporting my books even when im so ia<33