CHAPTER 40

Author's POV

The next morning Meera wakes up early. Abhi is holding her tightly. She carefully removes his hand that is around her waist and gets up. She freshens up and as she is about to leave the room, Reyansh wakes up. Meera rushes over to him and lifts him up before Abhi can get up. 

Meera takes Reyansh out of the room and they go downstairs. Reyansh plays with her hair while trying to talk to her.  It's just 6am so probably no one is awake yet.  

Surprisingly, she bumps in to Adi on her way. 

"Hi bhabi, you're awake so early?", Adi says and Meera just shrugs in response. "Ok, since you are free now, want to play tennis with me?". Adi asks her.

"Sure, but I haven't played in a long time so I probably won't be very good", Meera says. 

"That's not an issue, chalo"

"Ok , you go . I'll change and come in 10mins", Meera says and goes back to the room. She changes into tracks and a top and ties her hair into a pony tail. She then puts Reyansh in a stroller and goes towards the court. 

Adi hands her a racquet and says, "11 points, 3 sets".

"Ok, you serve first", Meera replies going to the other side of the court. Just when they are about to start, Sameer comes into view. 

"Oh dad, perfect timing, you can be the referee", Adi says. Sameer agrees and takes his position near Reyansh. 

They start playing and Adi serves first. After going back and fort a few times, Adi scores the first point. Then Meera scores the next two points. And this keeps on going for a long time since both of them are excellent players.

************

Abhi wakes up a little while later. He looks around the room for Meera but she's no where in sight along with Reyansh. He gets up and freshens up. 

Abhi goes into the living room looking for Meera. After searching for a few minutes he cant really find anyone. He finally goes to the backyard where he sees that everyone is out in the tennis court.

Meera's playing against Adi. He goes and stands beside Sameer. 

"This game is amazing", Sameer tells Abhi. Abhi watches those two play and he can clearly tell that Meera is a very good player considering that Adi of one of the best and she is giving him a hard time. Both of them are sweating and panting by the end.

"Duce", Sameer announces. "Meera won the first set and Adi won the second, this is the last one", he tells Abhi. Everyone is watching their game intently. 

Adi scores a point. Then Meera scores another. They are tied again. The air is super tense. Adi scores two points consecutively and wins the match. They all cheer for both for them.

"You are very good", Meera tells Adi. 

"I'm not so sure, I mean you were pretty good too, I almost dint win", Adi tells her.

"Ma, when is dadi coming", Alia asks Nandini.

"God, she'll be here in a few hours. Go everyone get ready , we only have 2 hours to prepare everything", Nandini says and everyone goes to their respective rooms. 

Once everyone leaves, Abhi puts a hand on Meera's waist turning her around. She looks up at him and gives Abhi a warm smile. 

"You never told me you could play tennis so well", Abhi says.

"You never asked"

"Well, I'm asking now. What other talents have you been hiding from me?"