XXXIII

21 BBY

21 BBY

Geonosis, Outer Rim

Never again, did Jaika think that she would have to return to the bug-filled dust ball that was known as Geonosis. It had been barely a year since the outbreak of the clone wars, and she had been dragged back to the planet where it all started.

Letting out a heavy sigh, Jaika stood up from her bed as she prepared herself for the upcoming conflict. The girl tightened her belt around her waist, securing her Jedi robes into place; while she slipped on the wrist cuffs and fingerless gloves. After tying back her hair, Jaika inspected her appearance in the small mirror that was hung above the tiny sink. She had faint markings on her face from previous battles. She had no idea how long the war will go on for, but at this rate, Jaika speculated that she will have a lot more scars to collect along the way.

A chime beeped out from her communicator, signaling to Jaika that her presence was needed on the bridge. Inspecting herself one last time, Jaika walked towards the door. Before she was close enough for it to open, the girl quickly stopped in her tracks as she got caught in her thoughts. Jaika slowly looked down towards her belt, observing the lonely lightsaber that hung from her belt. As she looked up again, a faint hum came from behind her, as the girl felt drawn to her bed behind her.

Turning on her heel, Jaika slowly walked towards her bed, before crouching down as she pressed a button to unlock one of the compartments attached to her bed. The door opened and Jaika was exposed to her few belongings. The Skywalker girl quickly scanned the drawer, before her eyes fell onto the object that was attracting her. Reaching her arm forward, Jaika picked up the hilt and held it in her palm.

The girl had kept the lightsaber that she used in the first battle of Geonosis. Jaika had no idea why she kept it, but something within her was telling her to not get rid of it or return it to the Order. Instead, Jaika decided to keep it. Now looking at the lightsaber in her hand, Jaika could understand why the force wanted her to keep it.

She recalled many of her recent missions, from Geonosis to Khorm. Where Jaika would somehow end up using two lightsabers to fend off any attackers. Even if the aim of the mission was to keep a low profile, Jaika always found herself dueling an enemy with two lightsabers. It had taken her a while to work it out, but Jaika had a feeling that the Force was trying to guide her in a certain direction. And she was going to follow it.

Letting out a breath, Jaika stood up and attached the second lightsaber to her belt before she turned around and walked out of her quarters. As she walked through the halls, Jaika felt the weight that was constantly sitting on her shoulders suddenly disappear; as she felt a stronger connection to the force than she had previously.

The automated doors whooshed open and Jaika walked into the briefing, where she met Obi-Wan, Ki-Adi Mundi, Anakin and Ahsoka and the Jedi Council on a holocall. Jaika placed herself beside her brother, as she folded her arms over her chest to look natural. "Our ships are in position and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians." Obi-Wan explained to the Council, as the hologram displayed images of their upcoming plans.