XIV

Narrative

Narrative

             "Megumi's over there near the rose bushes," you pointed for Toji to see. Toji looked over at his soon messing with rose bushes. "he's been oddly quiet today, I don't know what's wrong with him." Jin sighs.

"Yeah me too, he didn't even come over to get his hair done. I'm a little worried." You added on.

Toji sighed in relief knowing that his son was okay, but hearing that he was acting odd was a bit concerning for him as well. The grumpy man stood up and walked over to his son. Everything went quiet for a good moment. Everyone had looked over Toji as he stopped behind Megumi. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of birds and a few cars going by.

The children whispered amongst each other as they watched Megumi continue to play with the bushes.

"Whaddya think's gonna happen guys?" Yuuji whispered out loud.

"Mustard leaf?" Inumaki shrugged.

"I don't know -uuji..." Maki replied with a whisper while huddling close to Nobara, who was just as concerned as she was.

You and Jin sat watching Toji from a far. You sat up closely in your seat as Toji stepped closer behind Megumi, who soon noticed Toji's large shadow over him causing him to look up.

Megumi finally stood up, dusting himself off from the dirt. After he was done, Megumi looked back up at Toji who had that same look on his face ever since he arrived. Tired. The small child was already angry that his friends got to hang out with you longer than he did, just seeing his father near him made him even more angrier.

Suddenly, Toji stuck his hands out towards his son. Megumi wasn't used to his father picking him up, since it was always you who did it. Which he quite enjoyed. Plus, it had been a long time since he had been held by his father.

Megumi soon reached up for Toji, only to be scooped off his feet and carried to the awning where there was shade. Everyone in the yard watched as Toji carried Megumi over to where you and Jin sat in utter silence. Once Toji had reached the shade, he placed Megumi on the ground and placed him on your lap.

"No more playing in bushes... I don't want you getting dirty or pricking yourself with those thorns and worrying y/n..." Toji spoke to Megumi who had dirt on his cheeks and hands. The small child responded with a small nod before looking back at you with his doe eyes. You awed at him, stroking his head before picking him up and carrying him inside.

"Let's clean you up okay?" You said as you went in with Megumi around your waist. Toji watched as you carried his son inside, hoping you'd be back in time to talk more. With that everything resumed back to normal.