Chapter 42: River

The prettiest girl I've ever seen.

Grace.

And the thing that I'm hating, is that we broke up. I'll take no shame in saying she broke with me. When the guys asked where she was during practice I told them.

I told them she broke up with me. Not the reason why that's between Grace and me.

This is between me and her.

I'm entangled with her for life I can't back out now just because two bitches are jealous.

" How was your lunch?"

" fine." She plays with the hem of her dress as she looks anywhere but me. "You um... don't have to worry about Lyla and Jay anymore."

My mother was watching the news this morning and two criminals had been caught stealing money out of a convenience store and when I saw the mugshots I saw my ex-best friend and ex-girlfriend. I laughed so fucking hard.

" Ok...that's good." The late bell rings and I know she hates to be late to class. I move out of her way and she walks away. I watch her as she does so, but abruptly she stops and turned around.

"Why did you do that?" She looked down at her shoes. Her favorite yellow sandals. " can I explain after school, you don't want to be any later to class."

She agreed and then walked away. I then saw the book she was holding in her hands.

She got my note.

She let me drive her to get something to eat after school. I kept looking over at her as I did so. She bit her lip nervously as she played with a strand of her hair.

"I just want you to know I'm sorry." She stops messing with her hair and puts her hands in her lap.

We pulled into the drive-through of McDonald's, her favorite.

Her face lightens up. She leans over in her seat and looks at the menu.

She then whispers to me what she wants and then I order it. She eats silently as we sat in the parking lot.

" I know Im not your favorite person right now...."

" you were always my favorite person." She looks up at me. I smiled at her before continuing. " I would never hurt you... Jay and Lyla they set me up, I was trying to get Lyla off me, she pulled a blindfold off me as soon as you walked in."

" you thought Lyla was me?"

" she was quiet but I knew something was off, and I know your sister probably told you to stay the hell away from me..." I watched her nod. " but I would die before I tried to hurt you."

" I...miss you River. She stuffed another fry into her mouth. " I love you, Gracie."
She smiled and blushed at her nickname.

" I can call you Gracie again?" I smiled. "mhm." She sucked on her straw. " I love you too River."

I place my hand on the back of her head and pull her in. She giggled as I do so because she had a fry midway into her mouth. I bit the fry and chew it as she continues giggling.

When we're both done I kiss my Gracie. Days, without her they were torture.

She moaned a bit as I swirled my tongue around. She placed her hand on top of my free one and kissed me back gently.

I've got my Gracie back