Chapter 39 (time to say goodbye)

Short, but you'll see why when you read the A/N at the end.

**

The talk went about as well as expected. Camila cried, Lauren soothed her, and by the end of it she had promised she'd try harder to understand how and why Camila felt the way she did. Lauren had held her for an hour straight, murmuring soothing reassurances into her ear as she ran her hand through her hair.

The girl had eventually fallen asleep, her cheeks still wet and blotchy with tears. Because of how upset she'd gotten, the next day Lauren decides to stay home. Mainly so she could spend some time with her baby as she felt guilty for making a promise she hadn't kept, but also because she was simply exhausted.

It was eight in the morning now, and the two were sat on the couch, Camila cradled in Lauren's arms with the brunettes eyes glued to the tv that was playing CoComelon. It was actually starting to drive Lauren insane if she was being honest, because it was the same thing being repeated over and over again, and Lauren was pretty sure this was the seventh time through.

She didn't have the heart to put something on when Camila seemed to be enjoying it so much though, so she forces herself to sit there whilst silently praying the stupid song wouldn't be stuck in her head for the remainder of the day.

"Mama?" A quiet voice brings her out of her thoughts.

She looks down, "Mhhh?"

Camila looks up at her, "Boob?" She questions shyly, and Lauren rolls her eyes playfully as she nods her head and lifts up the large T-shirt currently adorning her body.

Lauren helps the girl get a good latch before before her arm back down to support her, and Camila, as she suckles softly, stares up at her with droopy eyes.

"You can't be sleepy already," Lauren murmurs teasingly as she brushes the girls bangs out of her face, allowing her thumb to graze across her cheek in the process.

Camila sighs heavily, the hot air hitting the skin of Lauren's breast.

Lauren smiles as she pulls the girl just that bit closer to her, "I'll take that as you are sleepy already. Close your eyes baby, mama's here." She allows her hand to place soothing pats to the girls padded butt.

It works almost like magic; the suckles stop, the possessive like grasp on her other breast looseness, and her eyes closed. Keeping her latched on for the time being, Lauren reaches for the tv remote and almost cries in relief when the stupid peas song stops.

Halle-fucking-lujah.

She loved her girl. So much. But her tv choices were literally beginning to drive her insane.

Camila stirs at the newly found silence, her suckles starting up again and Lauren shushes her quietly as she trails a gentle hand up and down her back.

"Shhh."

**

As much as I've adored writing Camila and Lauren's story, I've decided to bring this book to the end. I started it in 2019, and it's now, as you know, nearly the end of 2021, and I think it's time for it to finally be over.

An epilogue will be published soon- because I at least want to give this book a decent ending when I worked so hard on it- and I just want to thank you all for hanging around for the past two years even tho my updates were few and far between.

On that note, I also think my fifth harmony writing journey has come to an end too. My readers aren't as active on here anymore, fifth harmony has been over for a long time, and I feel as though, because of that, that it's time to move on.

(That means all of my incomplete 5H books will be unpublished too) just a warning.

I'll still write both age regression and kid fics if y'all are up for it- in fact I have a Natasha and Yelena fic in the works- so If you wanna see that just let me know.

Thank you to all of my fifth harmony readers for the amazing journey you've given me. Ya'll are bomb af.

Love you all and take care

Sweet_DispositionLJ