16 | Up for a treat

"Well she did move on!"

"Holy fuck really!?" Cora nods.

We went out at a small caffee down the street from campus and we were catching up with Cora.

"I am happy for her." I told Cora.

"I am happy for her too." She smiles.I take a sip of my cup of coffee."You have been quite today?" I told Scarlett.

"I haven't been getting any sleep lately?"

"As a future therapist I suggest you make an appointment?" I tease.She pushed my arms playfully."Oh shut up."

At that moment of us laughing and talking my phone started ringing and It was an unknow number.I answer it."Hello!"

"Goodafternoon! Am I speaking to Ms.Aila Johnson?"

"Yes, that's her.Who am I talking to?" I say.Who the hell could this be?

"I am Dr.Clark from the Children's hospital located here in Calafornia." I paniced at first.What did I do to get a call like this?

"I might have catched you of guard but our hospital needs a new therapist and considering your high grades, extra credits and you being in a young age I think you will be perfect fitting."

"I don't understand.I haven't gradated yet." I say and Scarlett and Cora look at me crossing their fingers. "Well you won't be an actual attented until you graduate but it will be better for you if you start doing a few hours of shifts 3 times a week and then you will earn extra practice and if you leave a good impression we may want you to stay after your graduation."

I pause.

I couldn't speak.

An opportunity was given to me when I least expected it.To work with children.
"So what do you think?"

"Yes.Yes I will take this opportunity sir."
I say trying to calm myself down as I was to exited. "Great! If it's okay with you to meet me at the hospital at 3 o'clock this afternoon for further details."

"Yes.Of course."

"Great! I will see you then!Have a nice day Ms.Johnson."

"You too, sir!" I drop the phone on the table and lean back on my chair.

I was still speechless from this call."So what happened?" Scarlett and Cora say at the same time.

"I just got offered a practice job as a therapist at the Children's hospital!" I say not blinking, just looking straight ahead.They both start winning with excitement.

Cora shook me by my arm and I laugh. "We got to have a party tonight. Let's invite all of the guys too."

"I am sorry I can't.They want me to go there this afternoon."

"Look at this one.Having priorities already." Cora laughs.

______________

I went back to the house, had a quick shower and wore an appropriate outfit to go to the hospital.