Flustered in the Hot Tub

My hands were sweaty, but I just couldn't let go of George's hand. I never wanted to let go of his hand. George and I had skated in the neon light, hand in hand, until my hands were sweaty. And just when I thought I would have to pull away; my distracted mind thinking of all the ways I could pull away and still get his fingers laced back into mine, George wobbled and fell on the floor dragging me with him.

I had been in this situation before, but now more than ever did I want to kiss him. As I pull my face up to try and get back on my feet I get caught in George's gaze. He looks up at me with wide eyes, his apologies drifting from his lips and disappearing.

I wanted to kiss him again. I wanted to kiss him so bad that I almost did, until Sapnap grabbed at my shoulder in an attempt to help me on my feet. I'm shaken from my trance and the three of us decide it's time for some lunch.

We are driving in the car, Sapnap in charge of the music, George sitting in the passenger seat, and I have my hand resting on the gear shift.

All I can think in my head is, I hope George grabs my hand. I want to feel his fingers with mine again. But it never happens.

We pull up to the pizza place and find a quiet booth in the corner. They bring out a giant pizza and three sodas and we dig in.

We talk and laugh about the day and I explain my plan for the rest of it and how I want to blow out my candles at the exact time I was born. It was kind of a family tradition that I didn't want to break. They agreed it was a good idea. 

We all pile in the car after finishing our delicious pizza and start heading back to my house.

"What did you guys think of that pizza place?" I ask as I turn down the music. 

Sapnap nods his head in the back seat. "That place is good, we should go there again."

George agrees. "It was delicious. I didn't know American pizza was so good."

I laugh. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

We listen to another song before George says, "What's next?"

"I think it was a movie. Or maybe hot tub?"

"We should do the hot tub first," Sapnap requests.

"If you want to, I'm okay with that."

George nods his head and smiles. 

We make it back to the house and all head off to change into our trunks. I'm the first one done and I step into the backyard to start the hot tub. I walk through my fresh green lawn, feeling the grass brush my toes. I pull the cover off the tub and fold it up. I drape my towel over a chair on the porch and turn on the heater and the jets. It will probably take another 10 minutes before it's warm. 

I dip my hand in the cool water and then take a seat on the front porch. I look out at my green yard. The wind slightly sways the tall palm trees, the afternoon sun warms up the grass and the smell of fresh soil blows past my nose. I take a deep breath in enjoying the pleasant weather. 

I hear my back door open and I turn to see George standing in his bright green swim shorts, and a white t-shirt, with a towel draped over his shoulder. He smiles at me and drops his towel next to mine. 

"I like your shorts," I comment.

"I like your sunburn," he retorts with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him as he sits down next to me. We sit in silence, the only noise being the wind and the sound of the hot tub jets. I hear George sigh and I look over at him. 

"What?"

He gives me a little smile. "I just love being here with you and Sapnap. It's hard to imagine that only a week ago I was in cloudy London by myself, not even knowing what your face looked like."