18

TW!: light mentions of suicide, please read with caution lovelies <3.

ALSO two chapters in one day???? You're welcome! Jokes, but expect a couple more. I'm on a writing streak right now. Thanks for reading.

Jasper collapsed on top of Ivy, who fell on Emmett, who groaned into the mattress. "I am so damn tired from running all that way." She complained. Her eyes were pitch black.

A hour after Ivy had left Bella and Edward, she grabbed some blankets from the house and some hot soup she hastily poured in a big thermos mug and bolted right back to them. Thankfully, Bella was okay because of that.

"You were tired from running? Jasper and I had to snap some gnarly newborn necks left and right!" Emmett tried to one-up her.

"You were right, Jazz. Maybe I should have hunted with you guys the night before."

Jasper chortled, "When am I ever wrong, Ivy?"

"When you said you'd beat me at chess, and stop calling me that!"

She pushed him away as Jasper slid off her bed. Alice put her hands on her hips as she shook her head at the three of them.

"Hey! Don't think you can put your feet up just yet. We still have some wedding prep to do!" She scolded, slapping Ivy's ankle that hung off the edge of the bed with a folded piece of paper.

"What's that?" Ivy pointed to the paper.

"It's everything you three need to help get done."

Emmett groaned at Alice's reply. "Why can't Rosalie help?"

"She's doing things for the bride!"

Ivy scoffed, "Why can't I do things for the bride?" She feigned offence.

"Because your newborn strength parallels that of Emmett. Three of you need to get the decorations movin'!"

After her hunting trip, she was needed in the garden. Ivy looked at the log in front of her. She was assigned three tasks: move all the logs into the places Alice wanted, hang the floral decorations on the trees and the lights, help build the wedding arch.

Ivy had two longs in between her arms, she carried them with no difficulty. One of them had almost hit Carlisle in the head, who brushed off her incessant apologies. She had to move six in total. After the little incident, Ivy had slowed herself down and worked a little more carefully.

The second task was easy, Ivy clawed her way up the tallest tree and hung the branches. She swung around with the lights and flowers hanging off her neck.

The third task wasn't hard at first, but she couldn't handle Jasper and Emmett's constant bickering caused her to control the two into working together. Ivy wondered why she hadn't done that sooner.

The whole day had gone by and Ivy realised that the wedding was tomorrow morning. The family had gathered in the living room to socialise once more before the big night. Rosalie said very little, and Ivy said nothing at all. She didn't realise how bothered she was by not being able to attend their wedding. Reading her thoughts made Edward sad and he wasn't supposed to be sad on his wedding night.
One part of her brain was thinking about what she could do alone while everyone was having fun at the wedding. The other thoughts were about how lonely she was.

Ivy excused herself from the living room, she made her way up into the attic. When the Cullens were away and she was home alone, Ivy often went up into the Attic. She climbed on a ledge and there was a clearing of trees just above the house that showed the incredible array of stars that littered the sky. She leaned back and sighed.