Peace

Shuna: Y/n-sama! Would you like to wear this kimono for-

Y/n: Ah, there's no need for that. I think i'm dressed well enough for this meeting.

Despite wearing it all the time, you really liked the suit you had. You didn't really need to worry if your clothing wasn't formal enough, since it was pretty elegant by itself.

Shuna: Are you sure, Y/n-sama? It would be a nice change of pace if you wore something else.

Y/n: I'm sorry to say this, but kimonos have never been my kind of thing, so I'd rather stick with this.

She looked a bit dissapointed at your words, but it was true...Especially since kimono's (for the most part) are meant to be worn by women.

Although that opinion could easily have been shaped by the fact that at the yearly festivals back in Japan, the only people who were supposed to wear kimono's were women.

*later*

You were sitting on a bench with Rimuru on your lap as you stared with a bored expression at the other people in the room.

These kinds of things are surprisingly boring, especially since you know what's going to happen in this meeting.

All around were representetives from the Lizardmen, Goblins, Orc's, etc. Although obviously it wasn't anything like back in your world where these kinds of meeting were alot more organized.

Treyni: Chairman Y/n Corneas and Rimuru Tempest, please begin the conference...

She gave me and Rimuru a comforting smile as I saw that Rimuru started sweating...somehow, despite being a slime.

He was obviously quite nervous, so you decided to take charge of this meeting. You already knew what you were going to say as you put Rimuru down next to you and stood up from the bench.

Y/n: I'll start by saying this, neither me or Rimuru intend to charge the Orcs with any crimes. I understand if this may upset the Lizardmen, but please hear me out.

You took a deep breath despite not needing to thanks to the Authority of Greed, it was more of a instinctive reflex despite no longer needing to breath.

Y/n: It's rather likely that any other race under the same harsh conditions and starvation would have probably made the same choices as the Orcs. Although it would be more accurate to say that's our public stance on the matter.

Lizardmen Chief: Then, may we hear your personal thoughts on the matter?

Then Rimuru finally decided to swallow his nervousness and speak up.

Rimuru: I have decided to take the Orcs' sins upon myself, if anyone has any complaints then speak up.

Geld's servant: Please wait! T-There's surely no logic to th-

Rimuru: That was my promise to the Demon Lord Geld.

That statement seemed to surprise the servant enough for him to sit down.

Lizardmen Chief: I see. However, I do feel like this answer is sonewhat unfair.

That was the obvious answer since the Lizardmen's homeland was badly damaged due to the Orcs' invasion. And that doesn't even begin to consider the lifes lost.

But then Benimaru stepped forward.

Benimaru: There is one immutable rule shared among all monsters. "Survival of the fittest." The moment they faced eachother they were both prepared for that.

Rimuru: You guys lost your home too, don't you have any complaints?

Benimaru: I'd be lying if I said that I didn't, but if this happens a second time. Then we will not disgrace ourselfs again.