𝟼. 𝙵𝙰𝙼𝙸𝙻𝚈

Raphael POV

I waved goodbyes to Lils before looking at Matteo through the rear-view mirror. "What do you want Raphael?" Matteo asked.

"Did you smile or was it just me? I think I'm dreaming right now because the Matteo I know has never smiled or ever been seen delighted," I said.

Matteo was constantly taught not to display emotions and with her dying it didn't help him since he didn't show any emotions at all after she died. He saw emotions as a weakness. An advantage for his enemies to see him as a vulnerable man. That's why he's either yelling at someone for not doing the proper thing or out on a killing spree when shit happens.

However, today was different. His mood was unfamiliar instead of the serious look on his face. It's an optimistic one. It's been a while since I've heard him laugh or been so happy. I'm presumably over my head.

"How did you meet her?" he asked, changing the subject as always.

"I was desiring sweets one day and ended up in the bakery. The first moment of seeing her I could already tell that she's the sweetest woman that you will meet. She's all smiles and laughter. The whole bakery was in a blissful mood and even though I looked frightening, she wasn't terrified at all. That's when I knew her and I would get along gratefully," I smiled. "Now it's your turn."

"Like you said she was the sweetest woman that anyone could meet and everyone was in a blissful mood. Figure it out now," he said, driving faster.

"Oh shit." As realization hit me. "No, Matteo. She's off limits."

"We will see about that," he mumbled. I raised my brows. Tonight is full of surprises. Well first Matteo revealed some emotions and now he developed an infatuation. Realization hits me again.

"Oh my god, Matteo Luca Costello has a crush! You finally took an interest in someone," I gasped, covering my mouth.

"I swear on my life, Raphael. If you speak another word, I'm massacring your ass," he scowled, glaring at me.

"Aye, I ain't gonna say anything but you know Mom. She is going to know either way." I put my hands up in surrender.

"Mmm," he merely hummed, knowing that I'm right. Mom is invariably the right person for advice but she knows everything before you even get to inform her.

Like the first time, I fucked someone. She was furious when I arrived at home but like I said she knows everything. I was dressed flawlessly, you wouldn't even notice that I had fucked someone that night before.

When I came home in the morning, she was sitting there on her sofa with a lamp beside her. I recollect her asking where I was and I told her that I slept over at Matteo's house. Unmistakably, she didn't believe me and the last thing I recalled about that night was her asking why I reeked of booze and pussy.

Even so, I showed, sprayed lots of cologne on my clothes, and brushed my teeth yet she still knew. However, that night felt so fucking good. Matteo even gave me some pointers a month before and god they were a charm.

Advice from Matteo can either work like magic or end up being a nightmare. Matteo is a little crazy in his mind. Yet, that was the last time since the thought of me getting a girlfriend can happen.