.18. the feral boys

A couple days later...

I send my final draft of a thumbnail to Bad for him to approce. He hires me a lot more now, and I've done a lot of thumbnails and editing help for him and Skeppy. We sometimes talk about ideas or just life on discord while we edit together. I think I could consider him one of my friends.

I do thumbnails for almost all the Dream Team and some other mcyts who just need a little extra help. I actually help Quackity with a lot of editing too, now that I think about it. I also pretty much edit most of George's videos.

I look up from the computer when there's a rhythmic  knock on the door. It sounds like one of those kids in school that would always beat on the desk because they're a drummer.

I peek through the peephole before opening the door, just in case. I see a blurry eye before it backs up to reveal George, smiling like an idiot.

"Hey, come on in, George," I say as I open the door.

The thought that he wouldn't be alone never even crossed my mind until five grown men attempted to walk into my door at the exact same time.

Once they eventually all get in my door, they all find their way to look at me. I make eye contact with Sapnap, who just shrugs once as if this is a totally normal occasion.

"We had to see what you looked like," Quackity finally says to answer all the questions running through my head. I recognize Quackity from pictures.

"Oh, okay," I laugh a little bit. What in the world?

"I'm Karl by the way," Karl says. I recognize his face before his voice, and the fact that I knew he would be coming, too.

"Nice to meet you guys," I say inviting them further into my apartment, "Do you want anything to eat or something?" I start to walk towards the kitchen.

"Oh, no no, y/n." Clay says as he goes to open the door to my apartment, "we're here to take you to get food."

"What?" I say, not fully understanding.

"We're going to dinner," Nick says, putting an arm around me in a way that a friend would. We still had to hide our relationship. "Grab some stuff, too. We have a trip tomorrow."

"Where are we going?" I ask as we walk out of the door.

"Anywhere and everywhere that you could think of," Quackity says as presses the button in the elevator.

I get squished in between Nick and Quackity for the short car ride. I expected it to be a little longer, but it was only ten minutes to Dream and Sapnap's house. Of course, Clay can't be seen in public.

I walk in to see more take out then I have ever seen in my entire life. 

"We got a lot," Clay says, shaking his head as he walks past me.

"More than a lot," I say, eying the pizzas next to the chinese food and mcdonald's bags. "Why do you need so much?"

"Because we're hungry, duh," George laughs.

I roll my eyes and grab a fry from Nick's plate of take out. He gives me a little look, but then smiles and grabs one too.

We eat a lot of food and then go to bed. Quackity and Karl are sharing the guest room, so I'm going to be staying with Nick. I try to hide the fact that I'm secretly happy to stay with him.

"So what are we doing tomorrow?" I ask as I get ready for the night. I wrap a blanket around my body. His room is always so cold.

Nick is laying on his phone on the bed. "That's a secret," he says mischievously.