026

Chapter 26

  Xu Cao and Fugui  are in the kitchen, Fugui sits on the edge of the stove and stuffs firewood into it, Miao Miao sits beside him, poking a stick in the stove to play, clucking by herself Laughing endlessly.

  "Fugui, be careful of Miaomiao, don't let her burn herself."

  Fugui replied, looked back at the heavy snow in the yard, and said with joy: "wife, we can be regarded as catching up with this. It’s snowing, but fortunately, we finished.”

  After seventeen or eight days of work, the two acres of land were finally settled before the heavy snowfall. Wasteland was opened, the soil was turned over, and the fertilizer was applied.

  Xu Cao also breathed a sigh of relief. It would take at least two to three months for them to take care of these two acres of land by themselves. It is much faster to hire people now. In fact, it took only five or six days to cut trees and dig roots. The remaining few days were spent plowing the fields. After plowing again and again, the soil became much softer. This only lost some time.

  A few days ago, they had already burned the kang. After breakfast, the two of them hugged Miao Miao and went to the kang. The room was still cold. Xu Cao ran to burn the remaining firewood when cooking, and entered the house with a brazier.

  There were a few clucking sounds from the chicken coop nesting under the eaves, Xu Cao hurriedly chopped the dried wild vegetables and threw them into the chicken coop.

  Speaking of these two pheasants, Xu Cao was surprised for a long time. These two pheasants came back from the mountain by Heizi when it was snowing a few days ago. When they came back, they were still alive and kicking. It was a little frightened.

  That day, seeing Heizi entering the yard with two pheasants in his mouth, Xu Cao was almost dumbfounded. This was the first time she had seen a dog picking a prey back. Heizi threw two pheasants at Xu Cao's feet.

  In the evening when Fugui came back, Xu Cao said with a smile: "Heizi is good enough. On weekdays, he often goes home to pick up prey. Let's not kill those two pheasants. Raise them and save them for the winter. ."

  That night Xu Cao rewarded Heizi with a big bone to chew, and the provoked Xiaobai screamed at the side, thinking of Xiaobai’s contribution to the nursing home, the bacon in the yard and the smoke in the kitchen. The meat enema was all it looked at, and he was busy giving Xiaobai a bone. Xiao Bai was not as generous as Heizi. He picked up his bones and ran to the backyard. After a while, he ran to the front yard again, squatting next to Heizi and watching Heizi gnaw his bones. In the end, Heizi didn't know if he was full or what was going on. The remaining half of the bone was let to Xiaobai eat. Xiao Bai didn't know how to be polite, holding the bones in his two front paws and chewing happily.

  These two pheasants, Xu Cao was afraid that they would be frozen, so he made a chicken coop for them under the eaves and covered them with thick dry thatch.

  After moving the brazier into the room, the room became much warmer. Xu Cao sews on the kang, and Fugui teaches Miao Miao to speak.

   After a while, Shen came to the door with  Junjun. Jun was a little afraid of Fugui, so he lay in his mother arms and did not dare to go and play with Miao Miao. Xu Cao hugged Miao Miao on the head of the Kang and let the two children play.

  Shen and Xu Cao got together, and they were mending things while chatting.

  Before Xu Cao was busy, she was smoked by the brazier in the house and couldn't open her eyes. Shen's eyes were a little red." Sooner or later, my eyes will be broken."