030

Chapter 30

  The eighth day of the first month of the first month of the Yuanhe year was supposed to be a happy New Year, but in many places it was miserable because of the snow disaster, and even people died of freezing and starvation in many places. A small village called Zhanghe Village near the north is much better. This village is backed by mountains and eats mountains, and most of the homes have food stored in them, and there hasn't been any freezing to death or starvation.

  Xu Cao and Fugui were busy happily in the kitchen. Today is the Chinese New Year. Xu Cao cut a half of a pork leg, two catties of wild pork, and sausage. she made a stewed pork leg with radish, stewed wild boar with cabbage, steamed sausage, and scrambled an egg that she had stored for ten days.

  She didn’t want to kill the two pheasants. The hen lay a dozen eggs and refused to lay it anymore. Xu Cao planned to keep it and wait until next spring to let it continue to lay eggs. Then she will be buying a group of chicks. Raise, chickens to grow up and lay eggs, they can have a lot of eggs to eat.

  Xu Cao finished the dishes, and went to see the steamed buns and enema in the back pot. They were not fully cooked and needed to be steamed for a quarter of an hour.

  Taking a look at the heavy snow flying outside, Xu Cao sighed. The heavy snow stopped ten days ago. As a result, the snow stopped for three days before it melted. The heavy snow fell again and again, and it continued to fall. Until now. Chen Ru originally wanted to take advantage of those three days to go back. Unexpectedly, the road was still blocked by heavy snow, and there was no way to go. She had no choice but to spend a year at Yang's house this year.

  Xu Cao was also curious about why the Chen mother was so good to Chen Ru. She seemed to be a little bit more pro-daughter than her daughter. Later, she learned that when Chen Ru's mother passed away, tChen mother raised Chen Ruyi. After more than a year, both have developed a relationship.

  Looking at Xu Cao, who was staring outside, Fugui dragged her to sit next to the stove, and smiled, "wife, what are you thinking about."

  Xu Cao turned and smiled: " husband, what are you saying about this heavy snowfall? When is it time to go? Are all the people in our village okay?" In this horrible weather, even a series of doors is difficult. they don't know what happened to the people in the village.

  Fugui glanced outwards, "wife, don't worry, this heavy snow has only been under ten days, and the snow will begin to melt by then. Although the villagers don't have much food, it's okay to spend the winter."

  Xu Cao sighed, melting the snow even colder, but fortunately, going out will not be as difficult as it is now. Now it feels like isolated from the world. Only the Yang family can be contacted this month. This feels really bad.

  Since it was a New Year's Eve, the family was not easy to divide each other, and father Yang asked Fugui and Xu Cao to eat with the big family. The two brought the cooked dishes and steamed buns to the big table, and the family ate them happily. father Yang took out a jar of wine from nowhere. As soon as the wine seal was opened, a smell of wine spread in the air.

  The brothers of the Yang family who provoked them all sniffed, and said with a smirk: "Father, where is the good wine? It smells really fragrant, good wine."

  father Yang laughed: "Buried for several years, watching the Chinese New Year, Take it out and drink it.”

  Several men drank small wines, while women ate vegetables and chatted, enjoying themselves. After eating this meal for an hour, Fugui wine volume seemed to be good, Dapeng, Xiaotong, and Father Yang were all a little drunk, and he was still fine. This is a happy day. The woman took down the dining table, and the men sat in the house chatting and drinking tea.