chapter seventeen.

My mind was a funny place. It was once sorted, neatly and efficiently, making sure every decision made was a good one. I couldn't quite pinpoint the moment in time when it all unravelled itself, I just knew that it had.

It only took me a total of ten minutes to get myself dressed and ready, opting for a denim skirt and light blue vest, black converse and hair tied all the way back into a bun. Within that time, I'd managed to tidy up the room, brush my teeth, wash my face and make sure my suitcase was raring to go. Not a single moment occurred where I'd dreamt off into the land of worry, which was more dangerous than being in the land itself.

That realisation only meant one thing, I was avoiding the thoughts of this morning. Which shouldn't have irked me, but ultimately did. It wasn't because I was some possessive girl claiming her belongings when in reality she had none, it had more been the fact that Harry was able to switch up so quickly. Telling me all the things I'd want to hear one minute, only to act completely different the next. And I understood the fact that he didn't want anybody to know of the happenings of last night— because neither did I— but he also could have worked his way around the situation completely different.

But then again, this was not a situation I should feel as though I had to fix. I didn't have to try and always repair everything— even though in this case, nothing had been broken. There was nothing for me to dwell on, last night had happened and today was just another day.

I clasped the handle of the suitcase in one hand, swinging my handbag over my shoulder with the other, I made my way out into the hallway. Only to be met with a set of dark eyes, matching her dark locks. "Mabel." She stated, leaning against the wall with her heel tapping the floor, I eyed her for a quick second before I turned around to lock the hotel door.

"Oh, now you know my name." I spoke in surprise, an inch of emotion not evident on my face. Not only had I been misinformed about everybody else being ready, but now I had to face time alone with somebody I'd rather not converse with. "Evie's sister. I take full responsibility for my overreaction earlier, I didn't have a clue of your importance."

"My importance?" I unassumingly laughed out, confused and tired and wanting to be anywhere but here. I would have really liked to know who she had been informed by— probably Harry— and how that whole visual would have played out. "Someone Harry takes a liking to," She whispered, angling her head slightly forward even though we were leaning on separate walls, "because trust me, there's not many he actually likes, and he gets double points for scoring Evie's sister, wonder how that's going to go down in the books."

"There's no scoring, no liking, no double points. There's nothing, he doesn't like me, and I certainly do not like him." I gulped, hoping I sounded convincing enough. Though her folded arms seemed to not hear a word coming from my lips, "I won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about. I'm on Harry's side no matter the deal, I just can't believe the balls he grew with this." She laughed, shaking her head in awe.

"I'm Dee, record shop owner." She confidently smiled, walking over towards me and sticking out her hand. "You own that place?" I gawked, meeting her hand with mine. "Yeah, what, you thought I'd be less of a bitch? Which, actually I'm quite proud of being, nothing against you, you're sweet."

"It kind of seems like you hate me."

"I hate everyone, but I don't hate you so much. You seem like a nice girl, sweet smile, sweet hair, even I'd swoop you up." I blushed at her words, looking down at my feet and wondering what the hell was even happening right now. Maybe I had seen her in the wrong setting, in the wrong light. Because even though she was brutally honest to the point that I couldn't tell what she'd say next, there was a part of me that liked that. "You acted really fucking crazy this morning, you kicked my door in. And you assumed I was some sort of what- slag? For just being in the same bed as Harry." I hushed out, whispering lightly as I spoke his name.