𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

     LUNCH WAS SO QUIET

     LUNCH WAS SO QUIET...

     that it made even some of the miracles and uncrowned generals uncomfortable.

     however, akashi was used to it, as he's had many meals like these with his father.

"rishi, how are your lessons coming along?", nobukazu suddenly asked, causing the ten year-old to almost choke on her sandwich.

"i-it's been good, father", rishi stuttered out, cursing herself internally.

"really? then why the hesitation?", the emperor asked.

"it's probably because she skipped her lessons this morning to hangout with sister aisa", hirotada ratted out.

"you snitch!", rishi gasped.

nobukazu simply wiped the corners of his mouth, as he looked over to his oldest daughter.

"is that true, aisa?"

"it is, father. however, I've noticed that rishi's etiquete has been well exceeding her literacy skills. and as a royal, though both are important, knowing how to read, write, and pronounce words are crucial to when speaking to others.

hence I've taken it upon myself to help guide her a bit. I hope that father doesn't mind", aisa explained.

"aisa, are you sure it wasn't intentional to have rishi miss class? after all, it just seems like you're making up excuses for her", empress naora intervened, hoping to get her stepdaughter in trouble.

"SISTER AISA WOULD NEV—"

"rishi, control your volume", mitsuyo, rishi's biological mother, had reprimanded.

"and I'm sure that sister naora's just over analyzing this. aisa's such a sweetheart and has always been treating rishi as if they were born from the same mother", mitsuyo stated.

"I still feel like—"

     "alright, that's enough out of you both. if it's as aisa has said, then it's fine. once or twice won't hurt", nobukazu said, causing aisa to slyly grin at her stepmother.