Chapter 87: Ron's Injury & Cale's Anger

Cale had noticed something was off as soon as they returned home. "What is going on?"

"That, you see, young master-nim....." Deputy butler Hans was naturally the one who came out to greet Cale.

But something was off. Hans seemed worried.

"Hurry up and tell me." Cale did not look at Choi Han, Beacrox, On, and Hong who were behind him and instead only looked at Hans.

He had a bad feeling. An ominous feeling filled his mind.

'Did something happened to the family? Or one of my people?'

Something must have happened, as the other servants and knights around Hans had the same expression. Cale's mind became complicated in those short five seconds.

"Young master-nim, Mr. Ron has returned."

"Ron did?"
"My father?"
Both Cale and Beacrox, looked toward Hans with shock.

Ron was not supposed to be back for a couple more months.

Hans then closed his eyes tightly. That made Cale have an even worse feeling.

Hans opened his eyes again and could not look at Beacrox as he continued to speak. "Mr. Ron came back injured."

"Lead me there at once."

Hans, who saw Cale's stiff expression, quickly turned around and guided them into the residence. Cale followed him with Beacrox right next to him.

Hans guided Cale as quickly as possible and stopped in front of a room. It was not Ron's room but a luxurious bedroom that was reserved for high ranking guests.

"Open the door."
"Yes sir."

Hans opened the door after hearing Cale's stern command.

Creak. The door opened and a terrible rotting smell filled Cale's nose.

"Y-Young master...."

Cale stiffened up, he felt a lump inside his throat

Cale stiffened up, he felt a lump inside his throat. "...Ron."

The assassin Ron, that sly old man, was laying on the bed.

"F-Father!" Beacrox rushed past Cale into the bedroom.

Cale looked into Ron's eyes and asked. "...Ron, why is your arm like that?"

Ron, why is your arm like that?"