Chapter 8 : Finding Nanny

"Aiyyo Shanno, puja ka muhurtham ka time hoga abhi, sab tayyar hai?"

"Haan Amma, sab kuch tayyar hai?"

"Aur-"

"Di aur Manik bhaiyya ready ho rahe hai, champ ke sath." Rishabh replied before Amms could even ask.

Amms smiled and nodded and continued to look at the living room of the Malhotra's. It was decked up, in a traditional way, with a homam in the center. It was grandiose and at the same time, simple and elegant.

After all, it was the naming ceremony of Junior Malhotra, the apple of everyone's eyes.

"Rishu, jaa kar bula lo apni behen ko." Shanno said, running around to check everything. She was reasonably excited as it was a big day for all of them.

For Amms, it was her great grandson being named, for Shanno and Venkatesh, their grand-nephew whom they regarded as their very own grandson, for Rishabh, his nephew, for Fab 5, a new baby to pamper and spoil, and obviously like a nephew. And Shrikant, his grandson and the new heir to Malhotra Industries.

"Di? Are you ready?" Rishabh asked, knocking the door.

"Yes, come in na!" Nandini said. Rishabh opened the door to see Nandini in a traditional Kanjeevaram saree, decked up like a bride.

"You look very pretty di! Just like a bride." Rishabh said, placing his palms on his sister's shoulders.

"Aw, thanks Rishu!" Nandini leaned backwards and kissed his cheek, while wearing her bangles.

"Where's-"

"Here they are, Mr. Manik Malhotra and his son. Always stuck to each other." Nandini rolled her eyes, looking at her beloved husband coming inside the room from the balcony, holding their few days old baby.

"Don't be jealous Nandini, he just loves me more than he loves you, it's okay...everyone does." Manik teased. Nandini ignored him and took her son from his arms.

"Buzz off Manik." Nandini said and walked towards the exit.

"Aana hai?" Nandini asked. Manik nodded and walked behind them. They finally got downstairs and everyone went all 'aww' looking at the little prince.

"He's so cute!" Alya said, cooing at the baby's chubby cheeks.

"Mummaa! I want to hold baby!" Adah exclaimed, getting excited.

"Patience baby, later?" Alya asked, coddling her daughter.

"Okay!"

All of their close family and friends had gathered. Manik's side of the family had come, his dad, aunt and her family, grandmother, uncle and his family. Nandini's maternal uncle and his family had come too. It was basically a full house.

The ceremony went on smoothly, and every important moment was captured by Cabir. It was highly private and a closed door event, considering the fact that Manik and Nandini had been in news for the wrong reasons a few months ago, thanks to Inaaya.

"Naitik! That's so cute, oh my god!" Alya said.

"It is! It sounds like royalty!" Mukti said.

"Naitik, bada pyaara naam hai." Shreya said, caressing the baby's forehead. Finally, he had a name.

-----

Naitik Manik Murthy Malhotra was a very smart baby. He was quiet, to everyone's surprise. Amms said that Naitik got Nandini's personality and Manik's looks, a perfect combination.

The first two months passed away with sleepless nights for the new parents. Naitik would sleep all day but stay up all night, ruining all their sleep schedules.