12

Chapter 12 - Wandering in the Mansion

Iris roamed around the enormous mansion.

She felt fortunate that she hadn't seen the brothers since yesterday. She wished to stay cooped up inside the room, but it was suffocating her.

Again last night, she did not get any sleep. She was at an unfamiliar place in an unfamiliar bed. With two crazy people hovering over her and monitoring her. She felt watched the entire night. It was not comfortable.

She wished to be free.

Was it too much to ask?

She thought of escaping again, but all her hopes shattered when she saw that- there were guards every 30 ft in the mansion. All of them, well equipped with arms. Muscular, strong, and tall.

None of them dared to take a second glance at her. As if those giants who could break a man's neck like a twig were afraid of a 5'2 frail girl. Who would even scream bloody murder if she saw a cockroach?

Hesitantly, she strolled around the mansion. The maid had informed her in the morning; she was free to go anywhere she wished as long as she was on the property. Iris's heart clenched, thinking if they would ever allow her to leave this place.

Was she forever stuck here?

To distract herself, she admired the beauty of the place

To distract herself, she admired the beauty of the place. It was waking into a castle. The beautiful foyer and the path filled with pieces of history and chandeliers shined the gorgeous sunlight in the morning. At night when moonlight lighting the way like multiple stars.

Breathtaking.

She felt it was illegal to walk with shoes on in such a pretty place.

Painting, murals, everything in the path, wall, the ceiling was a piece of art. She wished she could keep admiring. Historians and architects would kill each other to live in this place.

The arched windows up the ceilings looked ethereal. Iris could see the luscious green garden adorned with flowers. Birds chirping in the background, butterflies roaming around. It felt tranquil.

She kept marveling, her eyes twinkling in admiration. It was like she had stepped into a fairytale.

The mansion was too impressive to be even put up with words. She was rendered speechless.

She let out a gasp when she opened the door to the library.

"Holy moly," her jaw dropped at the grand sight. She had entered her dream place. "Pretty," she muttered, her lips parted in awe.

She scowled, thinking if she was here willingly, she would have cherished spending all day here. It was her dream come true. Her nails dug into her skin. Suddenly, everything felt wrong. I am trapped here. There is nothing to enjoy, she thought.

Unknowingly, she walked her finger trailing over the books. Getting lost in her thoughts.

---

The brothers walked in to get charmed by the scene before their eyes.

The little girl hummed a song wandering through the massive room.

Iris looked like a princess. Her soft brown untamed curls reached her waist, flowing with every step she took. The delicate floral dress hugged her body perfectly, enhancing her curves. Her warm caramel eyes glowing vividly, her slender fingers gliding over the spine of the books.

She took small steps, admiring every single part of the room. Her plump pink lips parted in awe.

The books mesmerized Iris. One could easily see the warmth and enjoyment she was radiating. The tinge of innocence on her face caused her to look like the goddess from the ninth heaven blessing their tainted souls. Bringing them salvation. Suddenly this place didn't feel like a box of cement and stones but like a home.

Their heart skipped a beat at her natural beauty.

It was a sight to behold. A calming view that the brothers would never grow tired watching.

She was not aware the brothers had entered the room. She was busy in her world. Elias and Jasper walked towards her softly, making sure she didn't hear their footsteps.

Elias's hand snaked around her waist, turning her towards them. Iris let out a surprised yelp. Her breath hitched when she was the two brothers looking at her as if she was their everything.

Her face turned pale, reminiscing about yesterday's action. She looked down. She could not make eye contact with either of them. Iris was too afraid of them.

"Gorgeous," Elias murmured, tucking behind a wild curl, blocking his view from the beautiful face. Jasper leaned closer to her.

Iris could feel his breath on her forehead. She shrank back in instinct. She fiddled with the hem of her dress, looking at her feet. Jasper placed his finger under her chin, lifting her face.

"You cried," he commented, looking at her puffy eyes. A scowl on his face.

'No shit, Sherlock,' her subconscious scoffed.

Iris turned, not daring to look at him. Jasper grabbed her jaw and made her look at them. "Never turn away from us," he growled lowly. Iris didn't reply.

"Do you like this place?" Elias questioned, enjoying the softness of her waist."It's magnificent," she commented, adoring how beautiful it was. "You would love staying here," he cruelly smiled. Her heart dropped.

She did not want to stay here. This place, though, was one of the most beautiful and luxurious places she's been. It was nothing but a pretty cage for her.

She did not want to be caged. It was stifling.

"I d-don't w-want to," she stammered. She doesn't want to be anywhere near them. Elias's grip tightened. "It was not a suggestion, dear. You will stay here," Elias harshly rasped. Iris' heart clenched in distress at his words.

"Let me go," she struggled from his grip. "Do not deny our touch," Jasper sneered. "I DON'T LIKE IT!" she yelled in frustration. She had enough.

"NEVER RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAINST US," Elias slammed her to the shelf. Iris winced in pain. Her eyes teared at the brute force.

"I am done playing nice. So better start obeying us," he hissed, increasing the grip on the shoulder. Iris's lips trembled in fear; tears threatened to fall. Elias clenched his jaw. He groaned, losing his grip on her. He stepped back.

Jasper came closer to her, raising his hands to grab her arm. Iris flinched back.

He pulled her closer and rubbed her aching shoulders. "It must hurt. We don't enjoy hurting you in such a way, so behave, okay?" he cooed, stroking her back. His voice was so smooth and soft it could lull her to sleep.

Iris frowned. Are they bipolar? At one moment, they were yelling at her, hurting her, and the next moment they were speaking softly and taking care of her as if she was a rare porcelain who would break with the slightest touch.

"Let's take you to eat some lunch," Elias offered her a hand. Iris, still afraid of his recent outburst, hesitantly placed her hand on his. She did not wish to anger him again. Her back hurt a lot.

Elias's eyes soften at how small and delicate her hands looked compared to his big, rough, calloused hand. He enjoyed the warm feeling of her hands. He didn't wish to leave it.

Jasper placed his hand on her back as they led her to the dining room.

To be continued...

Vote. Comment. Follow.