Chapter 8

We head down to the garden behind the main house patio where tables are laid and his mom and dad are seated, she's enjoying her coffee while his dad is smoking a cigar reading the paper.

What the fuck am I doing meeting his parents right now!
He pulls out a chair for me and as I sit he slides it back in and takes a seat next to me with his hand on my hand.
His dad puts down his newspaper and looks at him then at me and then back at him.

"I wouldn't have believed your mother if I didn't see it with my own eyes," his father says.

"Pleasure to meet you Mia the woman who captivated my son long enough for him to bring her home and I can surely see why." His father continue and fist-pumped his son. Not in a dorky white boy way but in a that's how they praise one another in an approved way.

"Right, my little boy is evolving, it makes me so happy, Maria dear! Breakfast can be served now." His mother says with pure joy on her face as if this is something to celebrate.

"Ava will be down shortly." She tells Dom
"Wow, this truly is a whole family breakfast, where's Mateo ?" He asks
"Dealing with some family business" his dad gives Dom a stern look, which I thought was strange at the time. Maybe Dom is meant to be helping and not with some girl. But I'm quickly distracted as Ava enters.

"Ahhh Ava darling, this is Mia Dom's..."
"Friend.." I complete her sentence.
"Hi Mia I'm Ava as you're well aware, Dom's annoying sister as he likes to put it and yet I'm his favorite." She smiles and puts out her hand. I stand and take her hand.
"Pleasure to meet you all under these circumstances." I smile shyly.

Dom moves his hand to the small of my lower back. Why is he acting like we're a couple, is he teasing me? Are guys usually this affectionate after sleeping with you? Maybe he's just pushing my buttons to see if I'll run away in front of his parents? as if saved by the bell my phone rings and it's Tom.

"If you'll excuse me for a moment it's my brother, I have to take this." And as his mom nods, I leave the table to answer the call.

When I've walked far enough to be out of hearings reach, I answer
"Hello"
Toms voice worried and stressed screeches over the phone.
"Where the hell have you been?!, you know what never mind it's not important, what is important and why I called is Uncle Harry, he's in hospital, Davina is seeing to him, he has leukemia that he told no one about, I figured you'd wanna get here right away." He says frantically
Before he can say more I interrupt him
"I'll be there in a few," I say firmly.

Meanwhile back at the breakfast table.

Dom's POV:

It's going great so far, I guess I never realized how much I wanted someone's consistency and company, being at war most of my adult life, it gets lonely and even sometimes with meaningless girls you still feel lonely, but with her, it was my first night I slept peacefully, I don't even know why I'm pushing to spend time more time with her but for once a female didn't just use me for my name or money she actually got to know me and saw me further than the tattoos and gun situation which should've had her running for the hills, she must have terrible taste in men if she's still interested in me. I don't know if I should take that as a red flag. But father seems to approve yet he's so tense and Mateo is working, on a Sunday, my father is a godly man and believes Sundays are made for rest. So I have no idea what's going on but it can't be good.

"So Dom, who's the babe? Ava asks
"A friend of Logan's, she's actually Franco's Godchild." He says looking at his father, knowing this changes things, she's not just some girl.

"What did you just say? Franco and Ariel's Godchild? You know that if anything happens to her or if you do anything to her Ari will declare war on us and we can't have that dom!