50

Someone requested for this so...

Vittore's POV

I looked down at the old newspaper article I'd just stumbled upon.

BROOKEHILLS WAREHOUSE GOES UP IN FLAMES

Police in Brookehills, USA are reporting an advanced explosive attack being carried out by an unidentified criminal just last night. The suspect is believed to be conducting assassinations and attacks and is well versed in handling explosives. Due to their expertise, the hit placed by the suspect are well made and leave no fingerprints. The bomb maker is able to create targeted explosions and precise detonators that are able to kill their target. According to reports, the materials for the bombs are collected from various sources. Some are stolen from military depots, while other are home made. Over 39 lives were lost in this attack with no survivors.

I threw the article far from me, anger building in my chest. I picked up my phone and called the number I had been trying for the last four hours.

'Heeeeey! So the person who owns this phone is super busy right now or dead somewhere so just leave a message and if she's alive, she'll get back to you.' Lily's voice rung through the speaker yet again.

I dropped my phone and run my hand through my dark locks. Lily's use of words did not help my current situation. I hadn't felt like this in a long time, the emotion was rare but not foreign.

I was worried. Very worried. Dread had sunk into my gut and I couldn't bring myself to touch the cookies my mother had brought me earlier when she came to ask about Dalia. I saw how worried she was, they were supposed to be here by now and the fact that she wasn't picking the phone and the article I'd just read... I wasn't sure what to think.

I knew she had a plan, she was making something but I had no idea she would make a bomb. How she found the C-4 I kept hidden in the penthouse was beyond me. I had to say, it was effective but it put her in danger. Something I wasn't comfortable with so I tried the phone I gave her again.

Please tesoro. Pick up.

My wish wasn't granted as I went to voice mail again and again and again. The worry was quickly being replaced by anger and frustration until I was pacing in my office, continuously calling the same line.

I didn't expect the door to open and for the one person who was making my heart race in my chest to walk through, clothes torn and charred, braided hair and exposed skin covered in dirt and an evil smile on her face.

"I blew it up. I blew the whole warehouse," she said, excitement curling around her British accent as she closed the door behind her. "I know it was a tad bit dramatic but I am sure Sante and at least 3/4 of the higher men in his mafia are dead. You can take out the rest right?"

Dalia sat down at one of my couches and my eyes just followed her as she sighed and relaxed. "It was a thrill I tell you. I set off the timer for four minutes and booted my ass out of there but then there was this guard and he almost made me stay longer. I was running away from the site, all Usain Bolt and everything then BAM! The warehouse blew up. I hit a tree, blacked out for a while and now... I'm here."

I was still frozen, just staring and Dalia tilted her head at me confused. "Vittore... you good? You haven't said anything. Are you angry about the C-4 because if so, I thought I had a right to it since we lived under the same roof. It only made sense."

I put a hand on my hip and run one down my face, the information finally sinking in my brain. She was fine. My tesoro was fine. It was such a relief I still couldn't get a word out. The only other time I'd felt like this was when Matteo left with my mother and I had to hunt him down to get her back.