19

The moment Izuku became aware of his surroundings after being asleep for so long, he was scared. He refused to open his eyes, knowing that things would go wrong the moment he could see.

He could only feel one alpha around him, only one scent surrounding him.

Pushing backwards into the alpha behind him, Izuku couldn't help but shake. Quickly but carefully, Izuku turned himself around in the alphas arms, cuddling as close as he could into the man's chest.

He sighed when he felt the alpha rumbling to him, no doubt trying to soothe the greenette. He couldn't bring himself to feel bad about the distress pheromones in the air as the alpha pulled him in impossibly closer.

He still refused to open his eyes, not wanting to know which alpha was taken, Kirishima or Todoroki.

Izuku could tell the exact moment the alpha woke up though. His breathing changed pace and hugged Izuku tightly before loosening his grip slightly. He nuzzled the top of Izuku's head.

The alphas breath suddenly sharpened, Izuku's resolve to not open his eyes hardened.

A blanket was unexpectedly pulled over the "sleeping" omega. The scents of all the missing alphas and the one still left surrounded him, comforting him, easing him enough to be able to relax in the alphas arms.

—-

When Todoroki opened his eyes that morning he wasn't expecting to be the only one there with Midoriya.

Todoroki couldn't remember anything happening that would've warranted the other alpha to leave, but then again, they were all supposed to be asleep.

Trying to turn his head to see if the ravenette was possible somewhere behind him, though he highly doubted it, his movement was stopped unexpectedly. Looking down at the omega snuggled up to his chest, Todoroki couldn't help the sad smile that adorned his face at the sight of Midoriya clutching onto his shirt as tightly as the omega could.

Todoroki breathed a broken sigh.

What in the world is happening?

Reaching over carefully so as not to jostle the omega too much, Todoroki was able to grab one of the thicker blankets in the den nest and pull it over the "sleeping" greenette.

He paused once the blanket was securely past Midoriya's shoulders. Moving the lightning green curls back, Todoroki was barely able to hold back a growl, not wanting to cause the omega any more grief than he had already been feeling.

A small pin prick that looked an irritated shade of red was placed just below Midoriya's ear, almost completely hidden by his curls.

Todoroki was furious as he pulled Izuku -blanket and all- back closer to his chest, wrapping his arms against him possessively.

Now that he thought about it, he could feel a small, dull ache in the back of his skull. No doubt a side effect of whatever shot was forcefully injected into them.

Those bastards, Shoto thought venomously to himself before he started to connect the dots regarding Kirishima's disappearance.  

He scowled at the thought of the doctors breaking into their den to cause harm to his pack. He could only wonder what exactly was injected into him and Izuku.

A small whine caught Todoroki out of his slowly spiraling thought process as his focus snapped to the omega squirming in his arms.

"I have you, love. Your safe" Todoroki shushed, maneuvering the two of them so they were sitting up, still cuddled up just as close.