chapter sixteen: banquet pt. 1

Saturday, October 2nd

I wake up to the sound of the annoyingly loud alarm. I hear Noah groan and reach over to hit snooze before wrapping his arm back around my waist.

"We have to get up" I whisper.

He lightly shushes me, "not yet, we have a little bit."

I snuggle my back into him and let out a content sigh.

"Scar," he whispers into my ear, "you pushing your naked body into me like that is not going to help us get out of bed faster."

I laugh and turn around in his arms to face him, "I forgot I was naked."

"I didn't," he looks at me with lust clouding his eyes.

I quickly sit up and wrap the blanket around my bare chest, "nope, you have film, and I will not be the reason you are late for it. Now get ready."

He lets out a frustrated sigh and gets out of bed to get dressed. I watch him sulk around the room getting ready and can't help but laugh at him from the bed.

"How is it fair that we have to wake up and go to film while you girls get to spend the day playing dress up and having fun?" He pouts.

"HA! You think we're going to have fun? Please." I look at the clock, "I have a solid ten minutes before Chloe comes barging through that door and demands I take my shower so that we're on schedule. Then we have to blow dry our hair, get our nails done, paint our toes, do our makeup, get dressed, style our hair, and somehow find time to eat during all of that. Not to mention all of that times 4. You guys have to shower, get dressed, and put on some cologne."

He puts his hands up, "yeah you're right, I want no part in that."

We hear a knock at the door, "yo, Hale, you ready yet?" I recognize Seth's voice.

"Yeah, one minute. I'll be right down."

We hear Seth's footsteps fade from the door and Noah finished pulling his sweatshirt on.

"Alright, have fun with your girls. We should be back around 1 once we get lunch," he leans down and gives me a kiss.

Once the boys leave, the girls and I eat a quick breakfast and stagger our showers to not run out of hot water. Once we are all washed, shaved, and exfoliated, the real getting ready process begins.

Bella puts a ton of products and puts her hair into a t-shirt which she claims will make her natural bouncy curls come to life. Chloe puts large curlers in her damp hair which will dry over the next few hours while Nat and I both blow dry ours.

Once our hair is prepped, we move onto nails. None of us had time to go to the salon to get our nails done so we all got those press-on nails and we're hoping for the best. Once we're satisfied with the lengths and shapes, we move on to our toenails. We're all wearing open-toed heals so they need some sort of color. We all paint our toes and by the time their done drying, the boys should be back with lunch soon after. We decide to put on a movie and face masks in the living room while we wait.

Around 1, we hear the front door open and the four boys wander in, hair wet from their apparent showers. They also have several bags full of food from Wendy's.

"Well don't you girls look relaxed. How is it fair that we had to condition while they had a spa morning?" Andrew rolls his eyes.

"You don't want to open that can of worms, trust me." Noah comments.

I giggle to myself and the girls and I carefully pull our masks off. We all sit at the island and quietly eat our food.

"How was practice?" Chloe finally breaks the silence.