Chapter 20: Tipsy? No. Completely drunk? yes

Marinette and her friends were talking and enjoying the night.

"Princess Meiying." Someone called out from behind her.

Marinette turned around and saw that it was Yu Yuan. Marinette hugged her girl and said, "Lady Yu Yuan there you are, I was starting to think that you weren't going to show up."

Yu Yuan laughed and explained, "I was here for over an hour already, my father wanted to introduce me to some people first that's all. Oh, and congratulations on being a big sister."

"Thank you and future fiancé or business partners?" Marinette asked.

"Business partners, my father says whether I want to get married or not is my choice so he doesn't really push it to me as much but as an heiress it's a must to learn business." Yu Yuan answered.

Marinette nodded in understanding, she looked around and questioned, "So where are your parents I haven't seen them since I arrived."

Yu Yuan pointed to where her parents are and said, "They're over there talking to your parents."

Marinette looked towards them and gave them a small wave which they returned. Yu Yuan then looked at Marinette with a serious look and said, "Xiao Mei we need to talk in private."

Marinette saw the expression on her face and nodded, "Okay follow me."

Marinette excused herself from her friends.

The two girls walked up to one of the rooms in the palace a little further from the ballroom. They arrived into one of the room and Marinette quickly closed the door and cast a silent spell around the room so no one can hear them.

"So, what's up?"

Yu Yuan sighed and said, "I overheard my father talking to his Majesty about the rebels resurfacing."

Marinette's eyes widened and said, "What? Are you sure?"

Yu Yuan nodded and said, "My father has men all over the central region, but I'm not sure for the other regions."

Marinette sat down on the couch, she massaged her head and mumbled, "I swear just when I got back new trouble arises."

Marinette deactivated the spell and called in a maid.

"You called princess." The maid asked as she bowed.

"Yes, could you please grab us bottle of wine and two wine glasses." Marinette ordered.

The maid looks unsure of this and Marinette gave her a bored expression and said, "Now."

The maid scurried away quickly, "Yes, of course your highness, I'll be right back."

Yu Yuan raised an eyebrow and smirk, "You sure we should be drinking I mean I am allowed since I'm already 18 but let's not forget you're still 17."

Marinette leaned back on the couch and said, "Oh hush don't be a mood kill besides it's not like anyone will know."

The maid came back with the wine and glass and set them out on the table with a couple of small desserts.

(Few hours later)

Felix looked around the ballroom and asked, "Has anyone seen Xiao Mei?"

The group looked around and shook their head. Felix sighed, they walked up to Marinette's parents and Felix asked uneasily, "Excuse me your majesties but have you seen Xiao Mei by any chance? I haven't seen her in a while. She left a while ago with Lady Yu Yuan but still haven't come back."