Chapter 17 Rewrite

Chapter 17: The Queen's Ideal Vacation

The twins stared at each other and couldn't believe what their mother had just planned.

Niderudion saw their mother walking away and before she was out of sight he called, "Wait!  Mother!"

She turned back around, softening her eyes and looked at them, "It will be fine.  Trust me." She closed her eyes as if to recall a memory, "I went over to their kingdom all the time when I was younger."

"Mother you can't be serious though!" The prince exclaimed quite loudly causing the attention of several servants to wonder what was going on.

"Sweet Nideru, you worry too much." Queen Midnira gently lays her hand on her son's shoulder. "It will be fine, trust me.  We all deserve a break."

"Doesn't that place hurt us?" Princess Novaliera desperately asked as well.

The queen smiled at their desperation and sighed, "I have the right magic to be able to help us."

"Please Mother!" He cried out desperately, "Anywhere else I'd go without a fight." He put his hands together and for the first time in his life he was actually begging her.

Usually he just snap his fingers or point in a direction and some servant would please him in a way he prefers.

"Lift up, you are causing terrible rumors to spread." The queen muttered lowly, "Niderudion I never see her.  Besides they only have this festival every two to three years."

"It's outrageous!" He exclaimed,  "Reedins might be there and we might get attacked."

"Mother... Nideru," The princess looked worried at both of the ones she cherished, "Stop fighting."

"Sorry Novalie, but I am making a point." The prince lowered his head, "At that kingdom if the reedins attack us, we cannot heal automatically because we are at that light kingdom.  It hurts our magic and make it impossible to do anything."

"Nakosir," The queen called and looked to see Nakosir who was leaning back at his post.  "You will be going to Narvidian with us, right?  Just in case anyone dares to attack them." She smiles.

Nakosir walks up and looks away, "Well I uh... That is a long trip, Your Majesty.  I don't think I be able to survive that long without um... Your Majesty my siblings would certainly miss-"