Rewrite Chapter 22

Chapter 22: The Esperon Way

Princess Novaliera was dreaming about that horrific encounter when her brother noticed her screaming and tried to wake her up.

"Nova!  Novalie!" Niderudion shook her carefully.

"Huh?" The princess mumbled sleepily.  "I'm in my room?"

"Yeah, it must have been a dream." He put his arms around Novaliera, "It's okay.  You're safe."

"I guess Nakosir isn't around," Novaliera observed looking around.

"That's a shame.  I needed to ask him something." Niderudion looked down.

"What is it?" The princess asked her brother.

"Ahh nothing really, just about fighting and magic.  You don't need to worry about it," Niderudion brushes his sister off.  Novaliera frowned.  He lied to her again and that made her upset.

"Good morning Your Highnesses!" Nakosir exclaims, entering their room with a charming smile on his face as he began lifting the currents out, making the moon light shine into the room.

"Oh good you're here!" Novaliera waved him over, "He said he wanted to know something about fighting and magic."

"Oh really?" Nakosir raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh yeah um... Maybe fighting reedins and winning?" The prince stutters as he says awkwardly.

Novalie looked at him in confusion.  Did Niderudion not want to talk to him?

"Oh yeah!" Nakosir suddenly says, "But I'll teach you something else." Nakosir winks at him as he takes the prince's arm, dragging him to the hall.

Novaliera couldn't understand.  She thought they were fighting and now they are suddenly best friends?

"Come on, you should've helped me." Niderudion shrugged.  "She mentioned you weren't around.  I told her that I had something to ask you and then she asked so I-"

"You lied." He put his arms on the prince's shoulders and stared into his eyes.  "You lied to your sister."

The prince widen his eyes at Nakosir's words, "I uh.. What?.. No I," The prince looked in shock, "Did I?"

He couldn't believe himself.  How could he directly lie to his sister.  They never lied to each other.  They never kept secrets either.  But he was doing all three.

"Niderudion, what's going on?" Nakosir asked with a serious expression.  It wasn't his annoying playful or irritating expression either.  The knight stared at him pleading for a reason why.

The prince remember a few days ago when Nakosir made a comment how the relationship between him and his sister seem to be drifting off.  Then he brushed it off, but now he might actually be right.

It couldn't be true, could it?

"Why has this happened?" The prince exclaimed, looking at his knight in wonder.

"What's going through your head?" Nakosir looked at the prince, trying to understand what he was feeling.

"The truth is that I don't know what is going on." Niderudion admits, lowering his head, "I love my sister and everyone knows that, but I don't know.  Thought, it is not just me.  She has been keeping things from me too."