Chapter 2

I'm seated at the table, feeling out of place

I'm seated at the table, feeling out of place. I occasionally steal glances at Ares, who seems bored as he types away on his phone.

We've just entered the room, still confused about all of this.

My eyes move to my dad, and I tilt my head to the side. "Dad?" I ask, confused.

"Nothing is happening, dolcezza. Relax," he reassures.

Caleb, Violet, and Nick are tensed up beside me. Clearly not liking this.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Nick," Kyle chuckles, "you look like you're about to explode."

I sent Kyle a glare, before looking at dad again. "What's happening?"

"Nothing is happening, the meeting is taking place like we agreed on," Malcolm says.

"Why are they here," Caleb asks, venom dripping from his voice.

"Well, they're under the same record label..." our manager trails off, "and they're going on tour as well, so it'd only make sense for them to be here too."

"It really doesn't," I murmur with a frown and shift in my seat, far away from the opposite band.

Ignoring what I said, Malcolm goes ahead with what he was saying. "We're here today since we're going to discuss your tour."

I glance at the other band, and how they're going to go on tour as well. I sit up, a frown marring my face.

Taking my phone, I go to Dopamine's Instagram page to check out their tour dates. Only to find out that their dates match ours.

Before Malcolm can get to his point, I say it already. "They're touring with us."

Caleb almost spits out his water. "What the fuck?"

I swallow and look up, meeting Malcolm's gaze. "Isn't it? They're touring with us."

He sighs, as if annoyed that I ruined the surprise. He's a parental figure to the whole group. Gives us tough love and lectures us when necessary.

I've never been disappointed with him and neither have the others. He's strict, but I've grown fond of him.

Right now, though, I'm less fond of him. He knows about the dislike between Icarus and Dopamine. How Nick and Caleb don't like them at all.

Violet is a bit indifferent but her loyalties lie with our group, and so do mine. Also, Violet has been compared to their guitarist and now she's annoyed with him, claiming that she's way better – which she is.

"Yes," he admits, putting us in our place with a stern look. "It's the best for both of the groups. Fewer costs are tied to everything. Better profit once the fans know their favorite bands are together. You're both rising to fame and going to become really big."