Chapter 011

President Cromwell's villa was in total silence the entire night.

After Herman Easton got up, he went to the company to do some work. Everything went as usual, which was beyond his expectation.

Yersterday, he directly threw the greasy fish on Jared Cromwell's face. He thought that Jared Cromwell who was hot-tempered would be in rage immediately but strangely he was not.

This man seemed to be more reserved than he thought.

Herman Easton worked for a day. After work, he changed into a formal suit and set off for the charity banquet.

The charity banquet was just a social event in the name of charity for the upper class. In the midst of luxury and extravagant, the true purpose of the banquet was to gain profit.

When Herman Easton arrived at the hotel, outside the entrance was already parked with luxurious cars. The air was filled with the fragrance of money and the expensive women's perfume. He showed the invitation card at the security guard, verified his identity, and successfully went to the top floor venue.

The venue was full of glittering lights. The luxurious watches on men's wrists and the jewelry adorned on the woman made everyone's eyes dazzled. The busy waiters were dressed neatly, carrying plates and were busy serving guests.

The banquet had not started yet, but the conversation and discussion among the upper class had became bustling.

Herman Easton looked around and found that Jared Cromwell had not yet arrived. He simply stood in a remote corner and waited for Jared.

The relationship between Herman Easton and Jared Cromwell was never a secret. Therefore, after standing in the corner for a while, several bosses noticed his existence. After whispering to each other, they came over with unknown intention smiles.

"Assistant Easton, didn't you come with President Cromwell today?" A boss asked with a smile.

"Good evening, Mr. Clifford." Herman Easton shook hands with him with a smile. President Cromwell has a meeting today. Maybe he will arrive late. He asked me to arrive here earlier for him."

"I see." Mr. Clifford seemed to understand. There was shrewd light in his eyes behind the spectacles. "I heard that there was something wrong between you and President Cromwell."

Oh, the news spread like fire.

Herman Easton snorted in his heart, but he did not show it on his face. "Mr. Clifford, you are always so observant. Even a small change couldn't escape your eyes."

The bald man, Mr. Clifford, and the other fat middle-aged men looked at each other with a glance carrying a message of 'so that was true'. Then he pretended to be concerned and said, "What's the matter? Assistant Easton, tell us and we will help you in any way."

Helped him? That was funny. Did these guys really know him that well?

These people were never kind-hearted people. There were no friends in the business world. Wanted to help him? He was not stupid enough to believe their bullshit.

"That's no need to. You know that President Cromwell has always looked down on me. These things were indeed part of my wishful thinking. Mr. Clifford, please don't make fun of me."

"Don't be so humble, Assistant Easton." Mr. Clifford laughed with dense wrinkles at the corners of his eyes and sneered, "President Cromwell dumped you, but Assistant Easton, you're so excellent and someone may employ you."

Another boss's attitude became more contemptuous. "I heard that Mr. Nye has already moved into President Cromwell's villa, is it? Alas, fish eyes were different from pearls. We just can't be too overconfident."

Herman Easton laughed so hard that the corners of his mouth were sore. "Mr. Nye is charming, everyone likes him!"

Mr. Clifford had always been on good terms with Jared Cromwell. He had always disliked Herman Easton who had always been by Jared Cromwell's side. Herman Easton had pestered Jared Cromwell for so many years. If it weren't for Jared Cromwell's, he would have driven Herman Easton away!

This time, Herman Easton had finally been driven away. He was happier than he had his business sorted, and leading several bosses around Herman Easton and spoke in a strange tone.

Herman Easton forced himself to keep smiling. He did not break them up and just let them ridicule him.

Anyway, he was shameless, whatever.

"Mr. Clifford." Suddenly, a pleasant male voice came from behind.

Mr. Clifford turned around, it was Vic Hurley.

Speaking of Vic Hurley, he was as famous as Jared Cromwell. He inherited the family business, and he had a strong ability in the business field too. He managed to help Hurley's Enterprise to expand the market and became well-known in the business world.

Mr. Clifford shook hands with him. "Hi, Mr. Hurley. I've heard a lot about you. You are indeed a talented young man!"

"Thanks. You're flattering me." Vic Hurley's voice was deep and calm. "What were you talking about?"

Mr. Clifford smiled kindly and said, "Oh, it's just some casual talk."

Vic Hurley smiled slightly. "Is it alright for me to join in?"

Herman Easton almost laughed out loud watching Mr. Clifford's two-faced nature.

What a f*cking hypocrite.

He raised his eyebrows. "Mr. Clifford is giving advice for my relationship with President Cromwell. But it's alright, Mr. Clifford had three wives, and maybe there are other affairs whether they were male or female as well. I am honored to be guided by such an experienced person as Mr. Clifford!"

Mr. Clifford could not show his anger in front of Vic Hurley, but his teeth were grinding.

How dared Herman Easton embarrassed him in front of so many people!

Herman Easton said that he had three wives and that he had other relationships with both men and women. Was this not indicating that he was a playboy and had lots of affairs? So what? Which rich man did not have affairs?

He had the ability to have mistress, which could only show that he was wealthy to do so. It was none of Herman Easton's business!

Vic Hurley winked at Herman Easton chuckled while holding a cup of water. "However, I still need to work harder to be as experienced as Mr. Clifford."

Mr. Clifford's smile was stiffed. He glimpsed someone waving at him in the distance, so he hurriedly took the opportunity to escape the awkward situation. "You're welcome. We're all friends. If you need any help, just let me know. Someone over there is calling me, I'll go first. Please, excuse me!" As he said this, he brought his boot-licking friends and slipped away.

Herman Easton snorted disdainfully when he saw these people embarrassingly running away.

"Are you alright?" Vic Hurley asked.

Herman Easton shook his head. "It was just a bark from a mad dog. I don't mind."

Vic Hurley smiled. "You are still as heartless as you were in college."

To be honest, the genius Vic Hurley and a slacker like Herman Easton were actually in the same university for semester. Although they took different majors, they were in the same dormitory building.

They were just acquaintances in university and they were not friends. Later, because Hurley's Enterprise had a lot of business cooperation with the Cromwell Group, then they gradually became familiar with each other and would occasionally talk with each other.

"Exactly." Herman Easton laughed at himself. "Only a man with no heart can live happily."

Vic Hurley's eyes were a little deepened. "How have you been these days?"

"Not bad," Herman Easton added, "I couldn't be doing any better."