Chapter 1

"Sweet mother of chicken heaven."

A raven haired woman stopped in the middle of whatever she was doing to stare at the masterpiece that had just walked through those doors.

There she was, in all her blonde haired glory.

Choi Jisu

Wait let me rephrase that,

The Choi Jisu

as in, The head cheerleader of the school, Choi Jisu.

Standing at courtside, watching the girls ball practice.

Chaeryeong hesitantly lifted her hand to wave at the cheerleader, but was unable to as she felt the familiar rubber of the basketball collide with her cheek and knock her off balance, and face plant onto the gym floor.

"Ah, shoot. Lee! Get your head out of your ass and do four laps!" The coach yelled from the sidelines and shook her head at her player's antics.

"Nice one, Ryeong." The captain of the basketball team said as she helped Chaeryeong off of the floor. The captain bent down to Chaeryeong's level and inspected the now bright red cheek.

"Well, at least it just looks like you were bitch slapped and nothing worse. You're probably used to that though."

Chaeryeong scrunched her face up and shoved her friend away. "Shut it, Ryujin." Immediately whipping her head afterwards to spot Park Jisu snickering behind her hand.

The basketball player sighed sadly and walked away from the court, not bothered by faint throbbing of her cheek. She began to jog around the gym, complaining under her breath.

"Hey, don't worry about it. She wasn't going to date you anyways." Ryujin yelled at Chaeryeong before running back onto the court and continuing the practice.

"Alright team, gather round!" Ryujin barked out and watched as the girls rushed towards her.

"So, the season's starting up again so we all gotta be on our feet. Not like Chaeryeong on the floor, understood? We gotta defend the championship at all costs." Everyone nodded their heads and put their hands in for a cheer before running off into different directions.

"Be here for practice tomorrow after school! If you're late, you're doing suicides for the hour!" The coach yelled out and blew the whistle, indicating the end of practice.

Ryujin retightened her pony tail and rearranged the bangs that were now matted down onto her forehead by her sweat.

"Need a ride home?" Ryujin asked Chaeryeong who was on her final lap around the gymnasium. The raven haired stopped in front of the silver haired girl and bent down, keeping her hands on her knees. Chaeryeong panted as she tried to catch her breath.

"That's alright. My sis is getting me today. If she's not busy sucking faces with Sakura right now." She stood up straight and winced as she touched her still red cheek. "Do you think I have a chance with Choi Jisu? Be honest." Chaeryeong asked Ryujin, who rose one of her brows.

"You want me to be honest? Geez, that's hard to do." She teased and laughed as Chaeryeong shoved her playfully. "Alright alright. Honestly, you might have like a ten percent chance." Ryujin threw her arm over Chaeryeong's shoulder and walked along her out of the gym. "I mean, she's like around my height, so 5'4, while you are 4'5. See the problem?"

"Height doesn't matter if you're soulmates, and that's exactly what me and Jisu are." Chaeryeong said confidently. Ryujin scoffed. "Please, I bet she doesn't even know your full name." The two players bickered around until a car pulled up along the curb and a tinted window rolled down.