Part 92: Tying up loose ends (END)

I stayed silent. 

In the beginning of the year, perhaps it was because the Crown Prince was such a handsome, intelligent person that I did fall in love with him. 

As a only girl from Earth, who wouldn't admire such a perfect prince once introduced?

But after discerning more of his personality, I eventually fell out of love with him but still held the respect. 

He was calculating, yes. Scheming as well. 

But one rule always holds true, even for him: One cannot truly move forward without sacrifices. 

He was the one and only male lead that didn't have any weaknesses or flaws, but it seems that it was only that way on the surface. 

Even if you're the most emotionless person who only runs by logic, you must still hold some kinds of sentiments. 

I glanced at his face, still with a plastered and bold smile. 

But if you looked closely, you could see his pupils darting a bit here and there. 

So it seems that even the all-perfect Crown Prince himself could feel nervousness. 

I broke out a giggle, finding my original impression of him almost funny. 

There isn't a person in this world without flaws, just throw out the right situation and you'll see.

Did he truly like me that much to be a bit skittish when confessing? 

I didn't know what he saw in me, someone who could only watch as the people around her suffered, but I would guiltily accept his attention. 

To even change your schemes up for someone, despite having put your whole heart into your grand plan, was truly valuing me. 

If someone could still find me worthy of receiving love, then I would gladly take it. 

"Albert, tell me," I asked using his direct name, "Was I a chess piece?" 

Panic fled across his face as he quickly stammered out, "No! I truly wanted you to be out of this! So did—so did......." 

His words trailed off as he seemed to forget something, but I knew he was talking about Onii-sama. 

"There's no way you would have done this plan all by yourself, so tell me, who helped you?" 

He thought for a moment, true confusion flashing across his usually-leveled face. 

"I'm completely sure someone proposed the plan and helped me gather evidence, but......" 

After all, the temple and Count only started to leave trails for a while back, but that definitely wasn't enough time to collect enough proof of their crimes. 

Which only left Onii-sama, who had already lived through a life of this. 

A change in the villainess only wasn't enough to turn the Temple's true virtue all around, so this couldn't only be a problem that happened in this life of his. 

He must have only started discovering the Temple had manipulated some things behind the scene only nearing the end of his last life, or sometime in this life. 

Although it was very far-fetched, there was big chance the fall of the Country was somehow influenced by the Temple's greed for power. 

In this life, Onii-sama had truly been trying to change his little sister's fate and find out more truths he didn't discover last life. 

He was manipulating things behind the scenes, and it was only until now that I've figured it out. 

But of course, why wouldn't he put in effort to change the flow of the world?