Chapter 2: Making Money

[Four Years Later]

A slender figure, dressed in an oversized black cloak, like a wraith walks into the headquarters of Venom Mercenary Group. Located in a dark alley somewhere in the outskirts of Rowain, the Capital of the Septimus Empire, a sword strapped firmly at her waist.

Going around unhindered, silky black locks brush over the barely seen lucid orbs, read piercingly down the task list before approaching the busty receptionist.

"Identification card." An uninterested red head sighed, assessing Celeste's choice of clothing.

Most of the mercenaries copying the style of Dusk the wandering mercenary. Since joining four years ago all of the difficult tasks that usually require a party of people: wiping out monster colonies, collecting the organs and bones to be sold to alchemists and the like, had all been done by him alone.

Gloved hands pull out the black card, which embedded with a tiny mana stone checked her identity with a magical artefact.

At that time Celeste going to retrieve her pay, almost choked Master Ren with her bloodlust alone threatening him if he didn't pay him.

Personally carrying out his strength with a completely swollen and bruised face, yeah he's that strong- stronger than the Master of the guild who is one of the few sword-masters known in the Empire.

Although he didn't say a word describing how strong he was, Master Ren was able to sense exactly how abundant he was with Aura and Mana.

Dusk S-Level Mercenary.

Her lazy green eyes stiffening, knowing full well that the cards couldn't possibly be forged he had someone inform the Master giving her a polite smile.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"The Dragons Heart task up North, I'll do it." Her voice thick and throaty, concealed with mana.

Going to pick up her card, when hands slammed down and covered it.

"Are you testing me?" A cold shiver running down her spine.

Plucking her wrist and giving her a faint electric shock, she moved her hands away and placed it back into her pocket, "Master Ren should know full well I don't appreciate idle chit chat over tea."

Pulling out a handmade teleportation scroll, the figure disappeared just as a sweaty bald headed man ran through to the lobby.

Groaning with desperate eyes he asked, "Ruth what task did he want?"

"...Er- Oh! Dragons heart."

"Thank god, fuck I need to contact the Grand Duke!" He groaned, running back to his office staggering with fear.

**

The crackling of flames and the scraped of a quill pen against paper could be heard, concentrating carefully on his work with expressionless purple eyes , a crisp knock on the door startled him.

Commanding in a low voice "Come In."

"Your grace, Venom Mercenary Guild sent a telegram, Dusk has agreed to the task."

"What is your report Sir Klaus?"

"His swordsmanship matches 'the ghost in the North', with as little as three monster sightings deep in the forests bordering the fiefdom."

"The hired assassins?"

"He killed them all."

"After realising how difficult it is to kill a dragon, he'll probably be exhausted: take him back to the estate and recruit him."

"What if he refuses?"

Chuckling with mirth, "he dare to?", "You're dismissed."

"Yes Grand Duke Valorean." Bowing before leaving quickly.

Sighing as a faint fragile expression appeared on his face, he watched the heavy snow pile up forlornly, 'Elisabeth just where the hell in the world have you gone?'

**
Sluggishly stomping through the busy town, a little fatigued using teleportation magic a far distance away to the North, people would have been surprised to know that a mere sixteen year-old could already use such high level magic.

Headed towards her comfortable but old house, where she lived away from other people, the grey brick and cobwebbed windows on the outside had a creepy contrast to the interior which is warm and clean.

Saving up money to be able to buy a Villa in the countryside, surrounded by flowers like a wealthy lady taking a long vacation.

Celeste herself wondering why it was so easy for her like breathing, munching away at a meat pie taking a leisurely stroll home. The mindless chatter of villagers blurred out in her ears.

"Apparently the Crown Prince is looking for someone!, Making a big deal at the annual hunting competition and graduating school two years in advance."

"Didn't they say after he graduates he'll become the Emperor?"

"A monster entered into the Imperial Academy training grounds, thankfully the Crown Prince and Duke Brightly's heir sorted them out."

"Hasn't there been too many monster sightings lately!"

"May be that's just a rumour and the crown prince just wants to go on a monster subjugation, after all he'd have to bring a group of people with him wouldn't he!"