Ch.30 - Distasteful Disaster

I'm sorry this is short but believe me when I say Fridays chapter will more than make up for it. Seriously. Seriously seriously.
______________________________________________

It was the following Monday, officially one week of Roberts absence, when she found herself locked in that Seattle room, rain angry against her window, a bottle of vodka pressing to her lips in stretched out sips, and her phone laying against the far wall, screen further shattered then it had been before. She refuses to cry even though she wants to, wants to let it all out in wet sobs but instead bites her pillow before going for her personal liquor cabinet again, grabbing the second and last of the bottles she hoards.

Skipping back in review, her week had been dull, void of colour and life. The absence of the walking enthusiasm cooking up their lesson, the licking of his lips, a hand swiftly combing through his hair, rolled up sleeves, and smiles that left crinkles at the corners of his eyes.

From the the sweet goodbye as they had strode their separate ways from that empty room, the want to say more, to do more, but letting it happen as it meant to naturally. Her eyes lingering on the curve of his back as he walked away, the hands shoved back in his pockets, head down, one lasting glance her way, tugging his lips in a warm smile, as he had slipped around the corner and out of sight, taking her breath with him.

Just, ugh. Keep it together. All is fine. Two weeks? Easy. Fine. Although she had barely lasted the silence between them when he was still in the damn classroom.

Fine. Maybe it would be a long wait. Maybe her heart sunk a little bit. Maybe she wished to run after him, tell him thank you for the coffee--something to make the moments last a little longer.

Her crush was killing her. It was taking her through the fields of romantic daisies and dragging her face first through it all within a blink of an eye.

She missed him and he was barely gone. The smell of his cologne still clinging to her jacket, his touch still sending sparks down her spine.

Somehow she had yanked herself away from her thoughts enough to get to class.

George had greeted her warmly, had smiled the way he does as Izzie soon pulled out the snacks of the day, explaining the contents and their nutritional value before them, saying which was best for when. Surely they'd all be gone by break, shared between the developing group of friends.

Jay had immediately opened the bag of dried mangos, humming contently as he shoved a few in his mouth. Gesturing between them as he munched contently at the sugar taste. "So, how were the weekends?"

Izzie always the first to respond. "Fine. Hung out with my boy. Might being doing this agency model thingy. Pestered George. Same old, same old."

She couldn't help but crack a smile at the blonde, who was certainly starting to take more notice in the class. Boys were beginning their flocking methods seeking her attention, mindlessly drooling as she flipped them off.

George sighs, rolling his eyes. "I spent it studying my biology book. Kinda exciting, sort of. What about, what about you Charlotte? You have fun at that Beatles concert? Meet that friend?"

"It was..." She grins, chewing on her lip. Distracted from her inner dialogue about Roberts departure and reminded of just what had happened between them Friday night. She just couldn't stop herself from thinking over those soft touches, the comfort. So unlike her mindset had been for the past few months. "I had a really good time. It was nice. Friend was nice too." God, she already misses CJ too. As if CJ was like a missing lung in Charlottes body, breathing back life and sanity. Her laugh still echoing in her ears and her wild dancing still fresh in her mind. Two people she couldn't get out of her head yet were both on boarding flights within the day.