Lay Me Down Chapter 28

VOTE/COMMENT.LIKE/TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My tears slowly came to halt and now I just sat in the alley with my back against the brick. My head rested on my knees which were drawn to my chest. 

This sucked! Everything had fallen apart. I could never do anything without that scholarship! 

I could hear the cars driving down the busy street. I could hear people's conversation as they walked down the street to their destination.

Carter kept flickering to my mind. I don't know why, maybe it was because I was head over heels for him or maybe it was because of how I had pushed him away. I was just so mad at him at that point. If I had never met him I would have had this scholarship and there would be no reason for Tammy to dislike me so much. Even if I had met him and we would have only stayed friends this would not be happening right now, but I knew no matter what that we could never be just friends. I guess you could say I blamed him for a minute which was wrong but I did. I had missed the days for him and Tammy and I had gotten into an argument over him. That's why I pushed him away at that point, but now I knew it wasn't him to blame. It was me. I had a choice and I chose to ditch with him. I chose to punch Tammy in the face. I lifted my head up and ran my fingers through my hair. I jumped when I noticed that someone I didn't know was sitting next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked him obviously not in the mood to be bothered.

"To cheer you up. I was just wondering what a gorgeous girl like you was doing here all alone and crying." 

I chuckled sarcastically. "Because my life is so fucked up." I told him.

"It can't be that bad." 

I looked at him. His dark hair fell into his green sparkling eyes that seemed to drawn me in.

"Why are you being so nice?" I asked him. "This really isn't a nice part of town."  

He shrugged "I'm just a nice guy. Is there anything I can do for you? Can I give you a ride anywhere?"

I looked up at him. "It's too far away." I don't even know why I was even considering the idea of getting a ride from him.

"I'm fine with that." 

"The aquarium."   I said hesitantly.

"That's doable." He got up and extending his hand. "Come on." 

I reached out and grabbed it. "Thanks"

"No problem." He held my hand as he led me out of the alley. We reached his car and he opened the door for me like a gentlemen. I knew that this was so dangerous. I had never seen this guy a day before in my life and here I was getting in the car with him but there was just something that made me trust him. Maybe I was just out of it. He closed the door after I got in and then he got in the driver's seat. I pulled my seatbelt on and he began to drive.