31.

I shed a few tears writing this chapter I can't lie, this is a trigger warning 🤍

Omniscient
12 hours before the crash ...

Naala hung up her phone and sighed leaning her head against her wheel.

"Lord please help me," She sniffed. "I'm trying to be a good mom, I don't want my sons growing up in a toxic environment, I want them to be happy."

Her phone buzzed again and she picked it up,

"Naala why you hanging up on me?" Hassan shouted into the phone.

"Because you want to argue Hassan," Naala sniffed,

"All I'm saying is why can't I keep him another night?" Hassan lowered his voice because he could hear she was crying.

"You can't do that, I don't want him on formula for too long," Naala explained,

"Come get him then," Hassan said before hanging up on her.

"I can't do this anymore," Naala huffed turning her car on. Speeding off into the direction of Dess' house, she kept checking her phone to see if Dave had messaged her.

"Let me just call him," She mumbled pressing on the in car intercom.

"You good baby," Dave answered after a few rings,

"Stop calling me that," Naala smiled softly, "Are you home?"

"Nah, I'm doing a sound check, you wanna pick up the girls?" He asked her. Naala heard the noise in the background,

"Mmm, maybe take them on a girls day or something?" Naala suggested,

"That's cool with me," Dave agreed, "What's wrong though? You'on sound right," He picked up on her deflated mood.

"I'm fine," Naala lied, "Are they home alone?" She asked changing the subject.

"Maniya's with them," He replied. "Love you know you can talk to me right?" He said a bit quieter,

"I just feel really defeated Amir, I'm trying really hard," Naala said looking in her mirror before she swapped lanes.

"And you're doing well, I tell you that everyday," Dave said into the phone.

"I know but it doesn't feel like it," Naala sighed,

"Don't let what's going on with him change how you're doing mentally," Dave coached,

"Yeah," Naala mumbled. "Thank you," She added pulling into the gas station.

"Ain't nothing, you just pulled up somewhere?" Dave asked,

"I needed gas," Naala replied, "I'll call you back after,"

"Be careful, I love you," Dave said hopefully. He's been telling her that after every conversation but Naala's response was always the same.

"Bye Amir," Naala hurried him off the phone. She got out of the car not before grabbing her purse.

"Ain't this car too big for you?" She heard as she jumped down.