「 𝟑𝟑 」

◈•••••••‧͙⁺˚*・༓♛༓・*˚⁺‧͙•••••••◈

Sunwoo kept you locked inside the apartment for over a week. It got to the point that you were doing anything you possibly could to leave the apartment for even a couple of seconds. Mostly, you cleaned everything from top to bottom just to be able to take the trash out.

It wasn't fair that he could go out and leave for work after a couple of days, but you had to stay put in this closed-in apartment space by yourself all day.

You weren't any closer to figuring out what happened in the past, nor did you feel any safer staying in here and waiting for someone to come and hurt you again.

If anything, you needed out. When Sunwoo left for work around lunch, you left the apartment. You were done being scared over a woman that you couldn't even remember. It was pathetic at this point, so you left. After all, why should you have to put your life on pause for her?

Christmas Eve was tomorrow, so a lot of people were out today. Almost everyone was either buying food since a lot of places would be closed or they were still shopping. You were neither of those people; you just drifted and went wherever your feet wanted to go.

Being stuck inside the cramped apartment, it feels amazing to stretch your legs, especially after all the stress you've endured the past week. You're just lucky that your manager is one of your working friends, so you got a few days off without a strike.

You haven't learned any more from Sunwoo about your past either. It's almost as if he's scared for you to learn more. Of course, it might be in your best interest not to recall all of it, but you wish you could. You could be walking down this street right now with all these people, and she could be walking in the crowd too.

Honestly, if that were the case, you would probably be dead by now though. Since she was trying to kill you last time.

Walking down the busy sidewalk, you watch the cloudy grey sky above and soon see small snowflakes falling. It looks so pretty with this scenery.

Deciding it's best to get something warm down your throat before you get a cold, you walk into a busy cafe where you see a hot chocolate sign. People were sitting down inside, standing inside, and even some were standing outside drinking out of the white styrofoam cups.

You wouldn't mind having some hot chocolate either, so you open the cafe door and walk inside. You dig a dollar and a few cents out of your purse and wait in line. Thankfully, only a couple of people were in line ordering. The cafe was mostly full because people wanted to get out of the cold, and you were included. You would try and hopefully, find a seat after ordering.

When the man at the front gets his order, he walks past the line and bumps into you harshly. His shoulder collides with yours, and soon, you're falling back.

Before you can fall on the hard ground and embarrass yourself in front of the packed store, someone reaches out and grabs you before you can hit the floor. He holds you by the waist, keeping you stable, and then pulls you up straight.

His brown eyes stare into yours, and he holds a gentle and almost familiar smile when he looks at you. It's the same man from on the street last week. "Careful," he speaks softly, releasing his hold from around your hips.

He tears his gaze away from you and towards the man. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize I bumped into you." The older man bows, and then leaves the cafe with his drink still in hand. No doubt he only apologized because everyone was expecting him to do so in the store, even the man that saved you.