Cairco Station (Halo 2)

Noble 6, SPARTAN-117 and Sergeant Major Johnson step from the tram into a crowd of cheering Marines, robot cameras hover around.

Y/N L/N: "You told us there wouldn't be any cameras."

Sergeant Major Johnson: "And you told me you were gonna wear something nice! Folks need heroes, Noble. To give 'em hope. (raises cap, adjusts his hair, puts cap back on) So smile, would ya? While we still got something to smile about!"

Johnson and the two Spartans walk to the end of the room, as the Bridge's blast doors open up.

The view changes to High Charity, where Tartarus and two of his Jiralhanae walk the Sangheili Commander, Thelya 'Vadamee, out onto a ledge on High Charity. Honour Guard Elites are stationed on either side. Covenant Unggoy, Kig-Yar and Mgalekgolo have gathered on the walkway.

Unggoy: "He-re-tic! He-re-tic!"

They reach the ledge, in which we see the stadium seats filled with roaring Covenant aliens, and the Jiralhanae fix the Commander's arms onto floating cuffs.

Tartarus :(gleefully) "You've drawn quite a crowd."

Thelya 'Vadamee: (bitterly) "If they've come to hear me beg, they will be disappointed."

Tartarus: "Are you sure?"

The entire crowd cheers as energy beams hit 'Vadamee on either side, and she shakes with pain.

The view changes back to the Cairo's bridge, dozens of Naval officers cheer as you, SPARTAN-117 and Sergeant Johnson approach Lord Hood at the end.

The two Spartans and Johnson salute to Lord Hood.

Lord Hood: "Gentlemen, we're lucky to have you back."

An officer whispers to Lord Hood's ear.

Lord Hood: "Go ahead, Cortana."

Cortana's avatar appears on a nearby holotank.

Cortana: "Another whisper, sir, near Io. We have probes en route."

Lord Hood: "I apologize, but we're going to have to make this quick."

Lord Hood turns away.

Cortana looks up at you and Johnson.

Cortana: "You look nice."

Y/N L/N/Sergeant Johnson: "Thanks/Thank you."

You and Johnson look at each other as you both hear Cortana and Chief giggling. You turn towards them crossing your arms as they suddenly stopped. Lord Hood picks up a Colonial Cross medal from a red-clothed case containing two other Colonial Cross medals.

Lord Hood: "Sergeant Major, The Colonial Cross is awarded for acts of singular daring and devotion, for a soldier of the United Earth Space Corps..."

Hood places the medal on Johnson's uniform.

The view changes back to High Charity, on Tartarus' face.

Tartarus: "...There can be no greater heresy! Let her be an example for all who would break our Covenant!"

The Covenant crowd cheers once more. Tartarus barks an order, and two Brutes grab onto 'Vadamee's now charred armour and pull.

The view once again changes back to Cairo Station, as a young woman joins you, Chief and Johnson.

Lord Hood: "Commander Miranda Keyes. Your father's actions were in keeping with the highest traditions of military service. His bravery in the face of impossible odds reflects great credit, upon himself, and the UNSC. The Navy has lost one of its best."