🏵️ Chapter 9🏵️: Terrible news.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

My eyes were closed even though I was already awake. My mind was awake but my body was tired and so laid still on the bed.

Justin and I talked at length yesterday but we didn't talk for long because Justin said he had an important guest waiting for him back home, so he left last night around 11:27p.m.

I couldn't sleep on my matrimonial bed alone because it was too big and I feared if anything happened to me, no one would know because I'd have been lost into the blanket alone. So I decided to sleep in a random room.

  Everywhere was suddenly so quiet. I mean, it's usually quiet but today was unusually too quiet. I opened my eyes when the silence became too deafening.  I looked around, observing the empty room. I got out of bed and walked to the doors of the balcony, opening it wide, the breeze entered every part of my body. I walked into the balcony, my arms spread out into the air as I twirled around in my dress.

  I could feel that today day was going to be different. 

  This room had a great view of the front of the giant gates that were guiding the appearance of the mansion outside. So I could see everything happening in the compound from here.

Suddenly, a familiar car rolled into the compound and out of the car, came my husband.

That's strange. Dure and I spoke yesterday and he never said a word about coming back home today.  

   I couldn't welcome my husband in this outfit, he made it clear to me on our honeymoon that he didn't like it.

So I ran out of the room and yelled "MARY!!!" Just so she could hear my voice and come over.

It wasn't long I yelled her name that she came running towards me but before she could get close to me, I ordered "Go and ask the cook to prepare something for I and my husband. Tell her we want something light for the breakfast".

I didn't care to hear her reply as I ran to my room to get a bath and dress up. There was no time for any sauna. So I just put on the shower and got in.

As soon as I was done showering, I got out of the shower and dressed up immediately, leaving my hair undone, I bolted downstairs to see my husband.

    "Where's your mistress?" I heard my husband ask Mary.

  "She's... She's... She's in her room". I heard Mary reply.

"How is she?"

"She's fine, master".

"Has she heard the news?"

  "No, master. I fear that she wouldn't be able to take it in". I heard Mary reply.

"What news is that?" I asked as I took the last step and walked towards my husband.

Everywhere was suddenly silent and Mary was looking down at her toes. I gave my husband a hug and kissed him on the cheek.

"You didn't tell me you were coming back earlier today?" I told him as I helped him to pull off his blazer.

  "I also didn't know that I would come back earlier". He replied slowly. I smiled and hung his blazer over my shoulders.

  "Has breakfast been served?" I asked the maids but noone replied me. They were all quiet with their head to the ground.

"What is wrong with you all?... Why the sad atmosphere?" I asked them, irritated at their pettiness.

"Excuse us". My husband ordered and they did.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"Nora?... There's something you need to know". My husband said quietly, taking my hand in his.