Chapter 91 - Prison Escape

It is now Saturday, and Kara and Lena are back at Kara's apartment, preparing to move all their stuff over to Lena's. The couple have decided not to ask their friends for help this time, because as Lena is present, she can keep an eye on Alura, while Kara uses her super powers to fly things back and forth. So far the moving has been going pretty well, the only issues have been how much of Kara's furniture Kara wants to take with her. Obviously, Lena would be totally happy with Kara bringing all of her furniture, but Kara is aware that it's not all needed. For instance, Kara really doesn't need to bring her TV, when Lena has a large, bigger, and more expensive one in her living room. Then at the same time, Kara doesn't need to bring her couches, seeing as they are kind of old and Lena already has couches, even if they are not as comfortable as Kara's.

"Are you okay, darling?" Lena asks, as Kara lands in her apartment again, after having just taken a bunch of Alura's things to Lena's penthouse. Alura is currently in her room, packing away some of her toys.

"Yeah, just not sure what we should take, that's all." Kara admits.

"Well, why don't we just take everything then?" Lena suggests.

"What?" Kara replies, surprised, "But we don't need everything, you already have so much stuff, and my things totally won't go with the stuff in your penthouse."

Lena sighs.

"That is exactly my point, darling." Lena says, as she steps closer to her girlfriend, and uses one of her hands to stroke Kara's arm. "It isn't MY penthouse anymore; it is OUR penthouse. So, I want to make it our home, and to do that, we should probably redecorate."

"Are you sure?" Kara asks, "You have a lot of really nice stuff already, that I'm sure is expensive."

Lena chuckles, with a smile on her face.

"Darling, that doesn't matter. Money doesn't matter to me." Lena replies, "What does matter, is I want us to create a home that is ours. It doesn't have to be super expensive looking and immaculate, like how I had my penthouse originally furnished. I want it to be a home. When I first moved here, to National City, I didn't think I would be spending much time at my penthouse, as I intended to purely focus on work. So, because of that, I had my place completely furnished by a stylist, and that does mean that my couches are not exactly comfy, they are more so for looking at, and for their style. But I don't want that anymore. I don't care about the style. I want it to be a home, where we can relax together. So, if that means we use your couches, and throw away or donate mine, then I'll be more than happy with that."

Kara smiles, lovingly, at her girlfriend, thinking that Lena is truly amazing.

"That sounds amazing, Lee. But my couches are kind of old, and have some stains on them." Kara admits.

Lena chuckles.

"Well, how about we leave them here. And we can buy brand new, comfy, furniture together." Lena suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea." Kara smiles.

"Good." Lena nods, smiling back. "That reminds me, when is your rent contract up? As if you still have a few more months on your contract, and can't just end the rent right away, I will happily pay the rent for the remainder of the contract for you."

"Uhhhh...." Kara stammers, biting her lip slightly.

"What is it?" Lena asks, confused.

"I uhhh.... kind of own the place." Kara admits.

"What?!" Lena exclaims, now very surprised.

"Sorry." Kara says, apologising, "I totally thought I'd told you before."

Lena shakes her head.

"That isn't why I am surprised darling." Lena replies, "I just..... I don't want to come off as rude.... but.... how could you afford to buy this place..... Was your CatCo salary a lot larger than I think it was?"